Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

03-11-2021 11:03 PM
34 12
tools Reply
    I had it working fine but then I updated my phone and now that setting is no more. I want it to work like an iphone where I get a text and the screen lights up. I will try and attach a picture of what I had. Samsung Note 10
    12-23-2019 04:30 PM
    Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve
    Attached Thumbnails How do i get my text messages to pop up on my black screen so that it wakes my phone up?-20191223_163758.jpg  
    12-23-2019 04:39 PM
    Hi , Welcome!
    You talking about pop up view ?
    12-23-2019 04:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this help? https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...en/td-p/979612
    12-23-2019 07:32 PM
    We can't help you properly if you don't respond.
    12-24-2019 03:07 PM
    I had it working fine but then I updated my phone and now that setting is no more. I want it to work like an iphone where I get a text and the screen lights up. I will try and attach a picture of what I had. Samsung Note 10
    I have a similar problem with my S10e. If I have the messaging app open, I get no notification when a new text arrives. Doesn't matter whether the display is on or off, no notification. I try to remember to leave it on the home screen so I get notifications.
    02-27-2021 12:09 PM
    I have a similar problem with my S10e. If I have the messaging app open, I get no notification when a new text arrives. Doesn't matter whether the display is on or off, no notification. I try to remember to leave it on the home screen so I get notifications.
    Which text messaging app are you using?
    If you go into your Settings >> Apps menu and open up the entry for your chose text messaging app, there should be options in the Notifications section that might need to be changed.
    Check the Notifications menu in your Settings menu too, sounds like the Notifications tied to the lock screen need to be changed.
    02-27-2021 01:47 PM
    Some apps always/never show the notifications when the app is open, due to the programming decisions by the developer. Some app developers give you a choice. Which SMS app are you using?

If your app does not let you choose to your liking, try the "textra" app where you do get to choose.
    02-27-2021 11:42 PM
    Which text messaging app are you using?
    If you go into your Settings >> Apps menu and open up the entry for your chose text messaging app, there should be options in the Notifications section that might need to be changed.
    Check the Notifications menu in your Settings menu too, sounds like the Notifications tied to the lock screen need to be changed.
    I'm using the stock Samsung messaging app.
    In the messaging app, notifications for new messages is on.
    In settings, notifications for lock screen are on.

I was able to get the screen to turn on when I get a new text message by using aod notify app, but it only helps if I'm looking at it because there's no notification sound and yes, I have a notification sound selected, which I hear if the messaging app is not open.
    03-06-2021 01:26 AM
    It would seem that the basic stock Samsung app does not have the feature you are looking for.

I use the "Textra" SMS app. It has this feature, which I have turned on.
    I don't have a Samsung phone, so I cannot speak about what features the Samsung app has that you might be giving up by switching to Textra or any other SMS app.
    03-06-2021 05:44 AM
    It would seem that the basic stock Samsung app does not have the feature you are looking for.

I use the "Textra" SMS app. It has this feature, which I have turned on.
    I don't have a Samsung phone, so I cannot speak about what features the Samsung app has that you might be giving up by switching to Textra or any other SMS app.
    It worked on my Galaxy S7 with the stock Samsung app, but not my S10e. I guess that's progress!
    03-06-2021 10:55 AM
    It worked on my Galaxy S7 with the stock Samsung app, but not my S10e. I guess that's progress!
    Is this text notification problem a Samsung or Android problem? Trying to decide where to go to get a phone that works. I've had enough of this crappy S10e!
    03-11-2021 09:32 PM
    Is this text notification problem a Samsung or Android problem? Trying to decide where to go to get a phone that works. I've had enough of this crappy S10e!
    Are you using the stock Samsung Messages app or a different texting app? If you're using the stock app, have you tried using a different app like Textra? I've had good results with Textra on my S10+.
    03-11-2021 09:40 PM
    Are you using the stock Samsung Messages app or a different texting app? If you're using the stock app, have you tried using a different app like Textra? I've had good results with Textra on my S10+.
    That's all well and good, but why should one have to install 3rd party apps just to make a phone work like it's supposed to?
    03-11-2021 09:50 PM
    That's all well and good, but why should one have to install 3rd party apps just to make a phone work like it's supposed to?
    Sometimes 3rd party apps have better features or work better than the stock apps. I've used Textra with Moto, LG and Samsung devices. It has been better than the stock texting apps on all of those devices.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-11-2021 09:53 PM
    Sometimes 3rd party apps have better features or work better than the stock apps. I've used Textra with Moto, LG and Samsung devices. It has been better than the stock texting apps on all of those devices.
    Back to my original question: Is this a problem with just Samsung phones or is it an Android problem?
    03-11-2021 09:56 PM
    You might not get audio while your in the app with stock message app but you should definitely see a pop up go in the status bar about the new message , it does on my Note20U.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-11-2021 09:56 PM
    You might not get audio while your in the app with stock message app but you should definitely see a pop up go in the status bar about the new message , it does on my Note20U.
    Only with aodnotify, again, a 3rd party app, and just a brief popup that goes away quickly.
    03-11-2021 10:00 PM
    Only with aodnotify, again, a 3rd party app, and just a brief popup that goes away quickly.
    I don't use aodnotify , stock. It stays in my notification pull down menu until swipe away
    03-11-2021 10:02 PM
    I don't use aodnotify , stock.
    Without aodnotify I get NOTHING when a new text comes in if I leave the messaging app open, even when the display is off.
    03-11-2021 10:04 PM
    Without aodnotify I get NOTHING when a new text comes in if I leave the messaging app open, even when the display is off.
    Try resetting the app , clear its data and force stop.it
    03-11-2021 10:05 PM
    Try resetting the app , clear its data and force stop.it
    Done all that. The text notification problem is just one of several gripes I have with my S10e. When I put the phone to my ear the screen goes dark like it should, but then when I take it away the screen doesn't wake up about half the time. I can't get a list view on the Recents screen. And then there's that damned Bixby button. I need to know how much of this crap is Samsung and how much is Android. I don't want to waste more money on another Android brand if I'm going to end up with the same problems.
    03-11-2021 10:18 PM
    Done all that. The text notification problem is just one of several gripes I have with my S10e. When I put the phone to my ear the screen goes dark like it should, but then when I take it away the screen doesn't wake up about half the time. I can't get a list view on the Recents screen. And then there's that damned Bixby button. I need to know how much of this crap is Samsung and how much is Android. I don't want to waste more money on another Android brand if I'm going to end up with the same problems.
    You can use Samsung good lock app to get list view back but the module isn't updated yet , that's Andriod and Samsung found a work around, for the rest more on Samsung and need either factory reset, put in safe mode or some further investigation but few issues like you described sounds more like factory reset should be first place to start.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-11-2021 10:22 PM
    You can use Samsung good lock app to get list view back but the module isn't updated yet , that's Andriod and Samsung found a work around, for the rest more on Samsung and need either factory reset, put in safe mode or some further investigation but few issues like you described sounds more like factory reset should be first place to start.
    I have Good Lock but like you said, waiting for an update to Home Up Task Changer. Factory reset wipes out everything, right?
    03-11-2021 10:30 PM
    I have Good Lock but like you said, waiting for an update to Home Up Task Changer. Factory reset wipes out everything, right?
    It does , but if you back everything up through Samsung Smart Switch on pc you should be back quickly , I also use Google autofill and Samsung pass to log in to make the process faster for bank apps etc... I do use Google photos/drive also for back up
    03-11-2021 10:34 PM
34 12