Why my camera light is open and doesn't want to shut off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi
I have a galaxy S9 and this morning my camera light opened by itself and since then it have not shut down. I want to know if there's a solution before doing a hard reset on my phone. Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Does this persist in Safe Mode?

...Posted same moment as above. It's annoying when that happens. Anyone else wants to ask the same question, knock yourselves out.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just did it and it is still on... I even tried to completely drain my battery through the night, but as soon as I plugged it back the light came back on.
I thought I heard a distant cry of dismay earlier, possibly from several thousand miles away.
It may be a hardware problem or software problem. Either way, I think it would be worth contacting Samsung's customer support before considering anything else, since it may be something of which they are aware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I think it might be a hardware problem, I did a hard reset and it's still on... I'll bring it to Samsung
Sorry:( that's the best option as it will keep your water resistant also when they open it to fix , some of these 3rd party repair shop probably could fix cheaper but won't be water resistant.

Last edited: