I recently brought Galaxy Tab A model SM-T510.
    I noticed that I can't charge it with my regular phone cable.

I was going to return it, so my question is

is it true that all micro usb 2.0 being replaced by usb type C 2.0
    12-25-2019 05:30 PM
    Most phones are USB c , older tablets micro USB don't know the newer tablets maybe other members chime in .I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-25-2019 06:07 PM
    I think my last micro USB phone is my Moto X Pure.
    12-25-2019 06:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that your regular phone cable's plug doesn't fit in the tablet's USB port, or that it fits but doesn't charge? If it doesn't fit, then it's probably a USB-C port -- go find a USB-C cable, if the tablet didn't come with one in the first place.
    12-25-2019 07:51 PM
    Look at the port and plug carefully. If one long side is longer than the other, it's microUSB. If they're the same length, it's USB-C. There are cheap adapters available. (That's cheaper than replacing all your chargers and cables.)
    12-26-2019 01:47 PM
    This is a change that's been in the works for several years now. The first "mainstream" Android devices to have USB-C were the Nexus 6p 5 years ago.

I'm personally not a fan of using adapters for this, but that lack of trust goes back to the first couple years when many cables and adapters were made wrong in an effort to trick the phones into pulling as much current as they could (charging rapidly) when they really shouldn't have been. You can get a 2-pack of 6-foot Anker USB-A to USB-C cables for $10 on Amazon. I trust Anker for 90% of my charging needs, I would trust their cables. Yes, you can get a 4-pack of adapters for $8, but my opinion is that the fewer connections there are in the chain the less likely there is to be a fault.
    12-26-2019 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD