I have a Galaxy S9 bought 9 months ago. every time I switch on in the morning I get the above referenced message I've got hundreds of apps on my phone including stock and those I've installed. how can I find out which app is causing the problem?
    12-28-2019 04:58 PM
    Well that depends on where and how you are seeing this message. If it is in the notification bar you can long press it or tap it to get information about what app is sending it.

If it just pops up and goes away it gets a bit more tricky. Since you say it happens every time you restart your device it would help if you could take a screenshot and share it here so that we can also see it and see the exact wording.
    Javier P likes this.
    12-28-2019 07:31 PM
    Is this a pop up notification in the panel or prompt? How often you see it ? I'm curious I haven't heard this before .
    VidJunky likes this.
    12-28-2019 08:01 PM
    I'm guessing that's not the exact error message you're seeing. Can you tell us exactly what it says, or better yet, show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    VidJunky likes this.
    12-29-2019 01:39 AM
    Thanks for all your responses. The error message I receive, as I did again this morning, is exactly as I stated except that I omitted to record the , (comma) after sorry, i.e.,

"Sorry, the program is out of order and is about to exit."

Per Vidjunky, the message briefly pops up torwards the bottom of the screen and appears 2 - 3 times but not for long enough to allow a screen shot.

It appears regardless of what app is open on my screen at that time, e.g., a news, weather, settings or email app.
    12-30-2019 04:41 AM
    Usually this is where B. Diddy suggests that you try starting it in Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. Safe Mode should prevent apps from auto-opening. Since this is an error about something not starting or not being able to start, if it isn't a system app Safe Mode should tell us. If it is a system app you will probably get the message again, if not then it is likely something that opens in the background when the device is started. At least if we can narrow it down this way it will put us one step closer to figuring out what is behind this.

For the best results I feel we should do this kind of analytically.

Power down the device as you normally do. By the way you don't allow the device to fully discharge and cause the power down, do you? That is all kinds of bad for your device, so we'll just assume that you intentionally power the device off for now.

Power the device on in Safe Mode. Here is a link to the directions to do that... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qVB90ENnIUZX8p

Then obviously observe if the error occurs. If you are satisfied that the error has not occurred use the device as you normally would for a period of time. This may cause the app responsible to show its hand, as you will need to open each app individually as you go along. If you open something and suddenly get the error that may point to the issue.

If nothing happens we'll assume that it is just an app. If it still happens it won't change much about my next few pieces of advice but it would be a strong indicator that it is a system app which could be helpful to know.

After observation, restart the device normally and go to the Play Store and get a cache cleaner. I always recommend Ccleaner, but you may have a favorite or see another that you'd like to try. Clear all caches from your device, you could even run it twice.

Restart the device normally and see if you get the error again.

If you get the error I would move on to doing a partition cache wipe. This link will help you do that... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...BBzcm88Z7getGX
    This may be especially helpful if it is a system app causing this error.

Like before restart normally and observe any errors.

Let us know what you find or if you need anymore help and someone may have other advice.
    B. Diddy and Rukbat like this.
    12-30-2019 05:05 AM
    If this happened after a software update, uninstalling the update for the troublesome app may fix it. You could try force stopping some system apps diagnostically, one by one, until the message stops, then uninstall updates for that app. The difficulty is in the word 'some', i.e. which ones? But first, did this start after a software update? Or perhaps after an app update?

Edit: Posted same moment as preceding thread.
    12-30-2019 05:08 AM
    Also, you can try using Toast Source to figure out which app is giving you that notification.

It's an odd wording to me for an error message, especially one that sounds like it's from the system. Is your system language set to some regional English besides English (US)?
    VidJunky likes this.
    12-30-2019 10:55 AM
    Thanks for all your responses. The error message I receive, as I did again this morning, is exactly as I stated except that I omitted to record the , (comma) after sorry, i.e.,

"Sorry, the program is out of order and is about to exit."

Per Vidjunky, the message briefly pops up torwards the bottom of the screen and appears 2 - 3 times but not for long enough to allow a screen shot.

It appears regardless of what app is open on my screen at that time, e.g., a news, weather, settings or email app.
    Have you tried in safe mode ?
    12-30-2019 11:14 AM
    After booting up, and 10 minutes in Safe Mode, I did NOT get the 'Sorry, ....' message. However, within 3 minutes of restarting in Standard Mode, the 'Sorry,....' message briefly popped up again.
    12-30-2019 03:59 PM
    Then it's a system app. Since it's only 9 months old, the repair should be under warranty.
    12-30-2019 04:41 PM
    After booting up, and 10 minutes in Safe Mode, I did NOT get the 'Sorry, ....' message. However, within 3 minutes of restarting in Standard Mode, the 'Sorry,....' message briefly popped up again.
    It's a 3rd party app you have to find causing it
    VidJunky likes this.
    12-30-2019 04:58 PM
    Then it's a system app. Since it's only 9 months old, the repair should be under warranty.
    Wait, you mean it's not‚Äč a system app, right? The problem seemed to go away in Safe Mode, but then cropped up again soon after booting back into regular mode.
    VidJunky likes this.
    12-30-2019 09:40 PM
    I missed the '3 minutes of restarting in Standard Mode' - so yes, it's a user-installed app.
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    12-31-2019 12:27 PM
    That's actually great then. As mentioned in a few comments this would mean that it is not a system app so your system is likely stable. As for finding the offending app. Try the Ccleaner cache cleaning option, see if it is just something stuck or glitchy. If that doesn't work, B. Diddy's Toast Source may help you identify the trouble app. If it does that would give you the option to sit back and consider if it's an app worth keeping.

If you want to try and save the app once it is identified;
    Go to Settings>Applications, locate the app page for the app. From there clear the app cache and app data. Then try to restart. If the issue persists you could uninstall the app and install it again. If it was one that came on the device it may not be uninstallable, yeah I know that isn't a word but I think you get what I mean. If it cannot be fully uninstalled and installed again, try belodion's advice of uninstalling the update, then installing it again. With updates some times they don't go smoothly. Could be that the app was running when it tried to update, the signal was weak and the update download was partially corrupted or any number of things. If uninstalling the update and installing it again brings the issue back you may have to disable the app.

Obviously if you do not feel the app is worth saving, 86 it or uninstall the updates, clear the cache and data, force stop the app and disable it.

As always let us know where you are and what is going on...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-01-2020 07:34 PM
    Thanks for suggesting "Toast Source". I have an LG V20 with same symptoms as OP. It quickly found it was the camera app.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-09-2020 10:48 AM
    Thanks to all for your various suggestions and help. I must confess, not being sufficiently 'techy', I found the details of them rather too daunting to follow but, anyway, following the last post from ktowsley, Toast Source has also provided the answer to my problem. The app turned out to be iUVC Pro, a camera app I was required to download to use with a USB Otoscope I bought. In between I upgraded from Android 9 to Android 10 thinking it might solve the problem, but it didn't. Anyway, I can now disable iUVC Pro when I don't need to use it, and hopefully won't see the 'toast' anymore. Thanks again very much. Pedro 38
    B. Diddy and belodion like this.
    02-10-2020 12:18 PM
    Hi all. This is a screenshot I took when I had my 'toast' problem. Regards, Pedro
    Attached Thumbnails sorry the program is out of order and is about to exit-screenshot_20200108-121631_nova-launcher.jpg  
    02-11-2020 09:04 AM
    Yeah sound like from a app ,but it's all good now right ?
    02-11-2020 09:07 AM
    Yes, all good thanks. Haven't had the toast pop-up for 2 days now after I stopped the offending iUVC Pro app. So problem solved and again, thanks all very much for your collective assistance. Pedro
    mustang7757 and VidJunky like this.
    02-12-2020 05:59 AM
    Yes, all good thanks. Haven't had the toast pop-up for 2 days now after I stopped the offending iUVC Pro app. So problem solved and again, thanks all very much for your collective assistance. Pedro
    Glad to hear it
    VidJunky likes this.
    02-12-2020 11:39 AM
    I am having this same problem. I have started it in safe mode, deleted a lot of my apps, cleaned the cache everything I can think of. I have even reset my phone to factory reset and I still get it. I have taken a screenshot of the error for those that are asking to see it
    Attached Thumbnails sorry the program is out of order and is about to exit-20200217_181555.jpg  
    02-17-2020 08:21 PM
    Did you also try the Toast Source app as mentioned previously?
    02-17-2020 08:52 PM
    Yes I found your answer after I posted that and it worked. Thank you. That was driving me crazy for months.
    belodion and B. Diddy like this.
    02-17-2020 11:24 PM