I saw that B. Diddy had almost the the same question posed to him previously. I just didn't understand the answer. And for the life of me cannot get my phone when recording for anyting ...YouTube or otherwise when in landscape mode to record full-screen. And just like the other person who posed the question are you the wizard I think was his name transferred everything to be saved to SD memory so that I could free up my internal memory. However I can't film YouTube videos like that because the quality is crappy. And I know no one's going to like it. I don't even like it! So I was hoping that I could get some help from somebody.🙏🤞 BTW I'm working with a LG Stylo5 and my phone that I was working on before this (and did not these issues) was the LG Stylo 4. However that phone did not have an SD card in it and everything was recording saving excetera in internal memory. Which is why I got the SD card and upgraded the phone. I do notice however the difference between the two phones are the Stylo 5 has many more camera settings than the Stylo 4. But none of them seem to do anything when it comes to full screen landscape mode. And recording / filming in it. The Stylo 4 is no longer with the carrier I'm running it through my home Wi-Fi right now. It's no longer with the carrier as I upgraded to the Stylo 5. And the Stylo 5 is the one giving me the problems. Very frustrating as I just started a YouTube channel and I purchase this phone specifically for better quality, more space, SD card involved Etc. But it just seems to be recording worse. Like I said I just can't get it to record in full-screen when I am in landscape mode. However when I hold the phone normal I see myself fully on the screen from top to bottom it's nothing but what the camera is looking at. There's no border or anything of that nature. However when I tip a landscape that's what it shows up with two big black borders I guess you could say on either side of the picture and it's very frustrating and it's very ugly and I don't like it. I can send a copy or sample of a video I recorded if you'd like. Just say the word.
    12-29-2019 06:59 PM
    12-29-2019 07:00 PM
    Check the camera settings for the video formats. Common shapes are 16:9, 18:9, 4:3. Check to see if any of your supported formats match the shape of your screen. If they do not match, you will get black bars on the screen where the video does not fit.
    12-29-2019 07:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The aspect ratio of the Stylo 5's screen is 18:9. The standard aspect ratio of videos is 16:9, which is narrower than 18:9 -- therefore, you'll see a black bar to the left and right of the video. As ManiacJoe mentioned, in order for the video to take up the whole screen, you'd have to shoot in 18:9, if that's an option in your Camera app.
    12-30-2019 01:12 AM
    Or overscan and chop off part of the top and bottom.
    12-30-2019 01:48 PM