Screen of my Gionee A1 phone got shattered due to vertical fall. It is not being used as I bought a new one and got the backup from Gionee phone. It is lying switched off in my wardrobe..just wondering whether it is a health hazard or carcinogenic to even keep shattered screen phone in switch off mode? wondering if any harmful radiation is there and I am carrying a risk to self and family by keeping a shattered screen phone at home.

Did not dispose it off as I have not fully backed up the phone.
    12-29-2019 08:22 PM
    I don't think any danger from radiation but keep away from kids don't get cut . Once you back up the phone properly dispose it .I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-29-2019 08:27 PM
    Pour some loca glue all over the broken glass.
    12-29-2019 09:42 PM
    nothing to worry about. however if you are going to keep the phone around. just store it in a sandwich bag so glass shards do not fall out.
    12-29-2019 10:04 PM
    12-29-2019 10:30 PM
    wondering if any harmful radiation is there
    No, because screens don't radiate anything (except light when they're on). About the only "health hazard" is due to the broken glass. If you cut yourself on it, and some of the liquid* gets into the cut, it could be serious, depending on the exact liquid.

*"A common form is a pair of aromatic benzene rings, with a nonpolar moiety (pentyl, heptyl, octyl, or alkyl oxy group) on one end and polar (nitrile, halogen) on the other. Sometimes the benzene rings are separated with an acetylene group, ethylene, CH=N, CH=NO, N=N, N=NO, or ester group." So unless you're a chemist, and understand that a lot better than I do ... about the only dangerous thing I see in there is "benzene", and I don't know whether, in that form, it's dangerous if it gets into your bloodstream.
    12-30-2019 03:39 PM