I have a moto g6, a couple of days ago the sms notifications began to go malfunction. I no longer see the notification dot for new messages, and on the locked sreen the notification pops up and disappears pretty much immediately.

I've gone through the settings - the cache is cleared, everything is enabled.
    12-30-2019 03:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any other SMS apps installed (like Textra of Facebook Messenger)? Are you using Google's Messages for Web?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    12-30-2019 03:16 PM
    I had. I uninstalled the facebook messanger and rebooted the phone. Didn't help.
    12-30-2019 03:40 PM
    How about Messages for Web? I'm just trying to determine if anything else is "reading" your message and thereby causing your phone to dismiss the notification (kind of like if you open an email on Gmail on your computer -- the notification on your phone should go away afterwards.
    12-30-2019 03:52 PM
    I haven't downloaded any alternative messaging apps, including Messages for the Web (unless WhatApp counts). And the notifications worked fine, until this abrupt change.
    12-30-2019 03:57 PM
    You mentioned clearing the cache -- that was for the Messages app, correct? Try also clearing the cache for the launcher app (I'm not sure what the stock launcher is called on a Moto G6, but it's probably something like Launcher or Home). To see it in Settings>Apps​, you might have to tap Menu>Show System.
    12-30-2019 10:45 PM