12-30-2019 10:37 PM
30 12
tools Reply
    My Moto G6 Plus is no longer showing my wireless earbuds. It did once.

I have done multiple things, nothing has worked so far. And I don't know what else to do.

I was able to use the headset with the desktop pc last night without a problem.

I did remove the headset's info from the pc just in case, and turned it off too while I tried pairing with the phone.

The earbuds are Sound Hub XD2 from iFrogz.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    12-30-2019 04:53 PM
    It sounds as if the Bluetooth radio in the phone has gone bad. It's probably out of warranty, and the repair will probably be pretty expensive (possibly not much less than a new one, definitely more than a used one - and maybe even more than a new one).
    12-30-2019 05:47 PM
    I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-30-2019 06:28 PM
    I'm not sure how I ended up posting as a Guest (rolling eyes).
    But thank you mustang7757 for pointing that up
    @Rukbat - Thanks for sharing. Funny that is not a black and white situation, I mean to say: It works, or it doesn't. But instead it is rather finicky and definitely not reliable. Because it has worked before many times. But it has also not worked, maybe as many times
    And it might even be a software thing as opposed to hardware. Because these issues started pretty much since my phone's OS was upgraded to Android 9.

I guess I should just stick to wired headsets
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-30-2019 07:29 PM
    You could try clearing all data for the Bluetooth system app > restart the phone and try to pair them again. I have had to do that many times over the years after OS updates.
    12-30-2019 07:30 PM
    @Scott337 - If all it takes to clear the Bluetooth data is to restart the phone, I did that at least twice
    Thanks though
    12-30-2019 07:32 PM
    Your welcome!
    Have you tried in safe mode see if it works ?
    I'm not sure how I ended up posting as a Guest (rolling eyes).
    But thank you mustang7757 for pointing that up
    @Rukbat - Thanks for sharing. Funny that is not a black and white situation, I mean to say: It works, or it doesn't. But instead it is rather finicky and definitely not reliable. Because it has worked before many times. But it has also not worked, maybe as many times
    And it might even be a software thing as opposed to hardware. Because these issues started pretty much since my phone's OS was upgraded to Android 9.

I guess I should just stick to wired headsets
    12-30-2019 07:34 PM
    @Scott337 - If all it takes to clear the Bluetooth data is to restart the phone, I did that at least twice
    Thanks though
    No, sorry...go into Settings > Apps & Notification > three dots > show system apps > find Bluetooth > tap Storage > then Clear Storage. That will remove ALL Bluetooth data and settings ever paired with the phone. Like it never had any Bluetooth device ever connected. Then reboot the phone and try to pair again. I have had to do that more times than I can count after Android OS updates.
    12-30-2019 07:35 PM
    Your welcome!
    Have you tried in safe mode see if it works ?
    Yes, I did try that too.
    Thanks
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-30-2019 07:52 PM
    No, sorry...go into Settings > Apps & Notification > three dots > show system apps > find Bluetooth > tap Storage > then Clear Storage. That will remove ALL Bluetooth data and settings ever paired with the phone. Like it never had any Bluetooth device ever connected. Then reboot the phone and try to pair again. I have had to do that more times than I can count after Android OS updates.
    My layout of choices is a tad different. I have not found the 3 dots, nor show system apps > find Bluetooth. But I found Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth, would this do the same?
    Mmm, it is warning me saying I won't be able to undo this action, that seems pretty scary, especially while being abroad
    12-30-2019 07:53 PM
    My layout of choices is a tad different. I have not found the 3 dots, nor show system apps > find Bluetooth. But I found Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth, would this do the same?
    Mmm, it is warning me saying I won't be able to undo this action, that seems pretty scary, especially while being abroad
    That's Reset Network, and is similar but will also wipe out all WiFi settings and saved WiFi networks. So not the same as what I was mentioning.

When you open Settings > Apps & Notification > See All (number) Apps > you don't have a menu in the top right corner to select Show System?

That's where you can see system apps like Bluetooth. Then select it > tap Storage and then Clear Data or Clear Storage.
    12-30-2019 08:09 PM
    Yes, I did try that too.
    Thanks
    Try go into developer settings see if you can roll back different Bluetooth version.
    12-30-2019 08:23 PM
    When you open Settings > Apps & Notification > See All (number) Apps > you don't have a menu in the top right corner to select Show System?
    Nope!
    The "Apps & notifications page" shows a top half, and a lower half. The Top half shows 3 regular apps and a clickable text saying: "See all 167 apps". The Lower half shows these options:
    1. Notifications
    2. Default apps
    3. App permissions
    4. Wireless emergency alerts
    5. Special app access

However I did a search on the Apps & notifications page with the word "clear". One of the results was Storage. In there, I don't see Bluetooth, but there is System. Mmm, never mind. It seems Storage is an app, not a page. Once inside I can only click on Free Up Space, or turn the Storage Manager on/off.

I did another search with Bluetooth. Plenty more choices this time. But none seemed to have been to clear its stored data
    12-30-2019 08:30 PM
    Nope!
    The "Apps & notifications page" shows a top half, and a lower half. The Top half shows 3 regular apps and a clickable text saying: "See all 167 apps". The Lower half shows these options:
    1. Notifications
    2. Default apps
    3. App permissions
    4. Wireless emergency alerts
    5. Special app access

However I did a search on the Apps & notifications page with the word "clear". One of the results was Storage. In there, I don't see Bluetooth, but there is System. Mmm, never mind. It seems Storage is an app, not a page. Once inside I can only click on Free Up Space, or turn the Storage Manager on/off.

I did another search with Bluetooth. Plenty more choices this time. But none seemed to have been to clear its stored data
    Click "See all 167". Then do you have a three dot menu in the top right?

Looks like this. My friends G6 has this, I helped him fix the exact same Bluetooth issue a few weeks ago.
    12-30-2019 08:36 PM
    Maybe type the words reset app preference in the settings search bar does it show up?
    12-30-2019 08:43 PM
    Maybe type the words reset app preference in the settings search bar does it show up?
    That resets app preferences like which app opens specific file types. It doesn't clear all app data. That button is in Apps & Notifications.
    12-30-2019 08:46 PM
    That resets app preferences like which app opens specific file types. It doesn't clear all app data. That button is in Apps & Notifications.
    Correct ..but this what it does do My Moto G6 Plus fails to discover my headset-screenshot_20191230-204857.jpeg
    12-30-2019 08:49 PM
    Correct ..but this what it does do Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191230-204857.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	314886
    True. But the only way I have ever fixed the Bluetooth problems described is deleting all Bluetooth app data, as if there never was a Bluetooth device connected.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-30-2019 08:53 PM
    True. But the only way I have ever fixed the Bluetooth problems described is deleting all Bluetooth app data, as if there never was a Bluetooth device connected.
    I'm not arguing , just trying help out here , does the Moto have in settings , reset settings? That would reset Bluetooth
    12-30-2019 08:55 PM
    12-30-2019 09:00 PM
    Yes, it does.
    12-30-2019 09:17 PM
    Yes, it does.
    That's worth a try ?
    12-30-2019 09:18 PM
    Click "See all 167". Then do you have a three dot menu in the top right?

Looks like this. My friends G6 has this, I helped him fix the exact same Bluetooth issue a few weeks ago.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...233b339985.jpg
    Got it!
    Unfortunately deleting the Bluetooth data, and restarting afterwards, still didn't fix it!

I guess now there's really nothing else, is there?
    12-30-2019 09:19 PM
    That's worth a try ?
    This is the one that was warning me about not being undoable.
    How much is really at stake?
    The deleted network settings info, isn't that something that the phone would gather automatically when restarting the phone?
    12-30-2019 09:22 PM
    Ooh! Never mind, I was mistaking Reset app prefs with "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & bluetooth"... Besides it says at the bottom: You will not loose any app data!

I guess I should try
    12-30-2019 09:28 PM
30 12