Hi!
    So my phone had a factory reset recently and I'd forgotten to write down important information from that darn clipboard. Well, I deeply regret that now...
    It's a Samsung A70.
    Thanks in advance!
    12-31-2019 04:10 AM
    First - a "clipboard" is not a long-term storage solution. It's not part of normal backup routines and is usually "volatile" meaning that usually it's located in system RAM and will be cleared during a device reboot.

Second - if there's any possibility of recovering the data you will probably need to root the phone, run a data recovery scan on the storage (need the root to run that), figure out where in that old data it was stored and hope it hadn't yet been overwritten with new information after the reset.

Bottom line - good luck...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    VidJunky and NoobMate like this.
    12-31-2019 06:03 AM
    Honestly, I'm a rookie at anything related to this...haha......
    It's actually my first time seeing the possibility of rooting a phone to retrieve lost data so I can't really perform the basics, I'll try my best but mind explaining the requirements before rooting a phone? I do hope the data would still be there but if it's not...welp, I'll have to move on without them.

Thanks for your fast reply and also the second option(gives me some hope)! :>
    12-31-2019 02:06 PM
    After a factory reset, most likely not. User storage gets wiped, so even if the clipboard was an app that kept multiple 'clips', that file would have gotten wiped. But if the clipboard is the normal type - in RAM - it gets wiped every time you restart the phone. Recovering it after a factory reset would be as easy as putting the apple you ate last year back together as an apple. It just no longer exists - there's nothing to 'recover'.
    12-31-2019 02:53 PM