Unable to sign in to google account on android device

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Android Central Question
I have a new Android phone running Android 9. When I login with my school Google account, it comes up with the error message "Finishing signing in to continue. Something went wrong and you need to sign in again. Sign in." When you click sign in, it just reverts to the same screen and nothing happens.
I can't access any Google services like Gmail, Drive, etc.
It works with my primary account but not with my school account. I have looked at every single setting in Google Apps and cannot find any reason why it doesn't work. It works on an iPhone but I cannot log in to this account on this Android phone, or my android tablet. My friend has the same problem with her school account.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's possible then that the school has blocked the ability to do that if more than one of you can't. The difference between the iPhone and the Android devices is that when you add the account to an Android device it's doing much more than giving access to your email, possibly features the school won't support such as using the account for the Play Store.

I would check with the school to see if they have some suggestions.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87