Looking for a new phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am a single mother of 2, with no extra support. I am searching for a phone, hopefully under $100, that will last me longer then a year. I had one phone that lasted me 5 years, and as of now it is still out of my budget range. I work 30-60 hours a week and need to be able to still communicate with my children and employers. I also need an extra strong phone, as for some reason mine always break, and I mean always. I have already been through the nonbreakable phones, along with the liquid screen covers, which are supposed to be indestructible also. If I could get some help I would greatly appreciate it. It doesn't have to look or be pretty or ooh lala, I'm not a flashy person, and would rather not have something extreme, until I can buy the Moto Razor flip phone, lol. Thank you for your help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
About your only options would be a dirt cheap new phone, or a used one. Those cheap new phones that would be in your price range are often more headache than they are worth and I would suggest steering clear of them. A flagship from 2-3 years ago would be a much better option. It'll have better specs, plus more support from manufacturers and online communities like this.

One good option in your case would be something like the LG V20. I'll admit I'm biased after owning one myself, but it was a phenomenal phone that should now be within your price range. It has an LCD display, so no worry about permanent screen burn in. They did seem to get a temporary screen retention that looks similar, but is not permanent. Other flagships from that time were AMOLED displays, which are prone to burn in. It also has a removable battery, so you can replace that if the one you get is a dud. The downside here is that being that old means even "new" batteries will be old stock and maybe bad as well. Then again, the same applies to any older phone, except it isn't $100+ to replace it like a sealed battery.

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
I am a single mother of 2, with no extra support. I am searching for a phone, hopefully under $100, that will last me longer then a year. I had one phone that lasted me 5 years, and as of now it is still out of my budget range. I work 30-60 hours a week and need to be able to still communicate with my children and employers. I also need an extra strong phone, as for some reason mine always break, and I mean always. I have already been through the nonbreakable phones, along with the liquid screen covers, which are supposed to be indestructible also. If I could get some help I would greatly appreciate it. It doesn't have to look or be pretty or ooh lala, I'm not a flashy person, and would rather not have something extreme, until I can buy the Moto Razor flip phone, lol. Thank you for your help.
If you setup an account and reply on here I may be able to help you out.
I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781