I ran an anti-malware scan last week. It was Norton Mobile, and it said that my privacy is at risk, because of this 'Wireless Update' that it also said has been sending my phone number--and info I think--where it should not be. I can't remove or disable it because it's a pre-installed app. Same goes for 'Stat', except that it can be disabled. But what would happen if ...? Norton Mobile considers it a system app, and I wonder if I did I might wreck the device. It's Android KitKat though.
    01-04-2020 11:24 PM
    I wouldn't even install those types of apps antivirus , if it's a system app leave it alone it will not cause any harm . Being your device OS is KitKat that's whole issue in its self and hasn't received security updates in long long time , might be time to move on from this device.

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2020 12:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It's not uncommon for antivirus apps to give you a false positive. Since your device is so old, it also may be that the antivirus database doesn't fully recognize obsolete files, and therefore gives the false positive alert.

KitKat is way too old of an OS version, and in itself places you at increased security risk. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a newer device with a more recent Android version.
    01-05-2020 01:43 AM