DF-CHARTA-01 Error

Misko78

Jan 7, 2020
Visit site
I have an unusual problem. My account has an error DF-CHARTA-01 when i try to access anything in google play. I've tried all of the suggested solution, deleted cache, change date and time to manual and back to the automatic and had no luck. Then I've decided to add another account to my phone and when i switch to that account in play store everything works. It seems that there is a problem with my primary account. My account is not university account, just a normal google account which i use since 2009.

Just to make everything clear, this is what i tried:
- Account removal and added it again
- Factory reset
- Clear all google play data and cache
- Changed date - both manual and automatic
- Removed and added payment method
- changed various options in google account

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try also clearing the cache/data from Google Play Services.

Did the phone come with Google Play Services, the Play Store, and other Google apps preinstalled, or did you have to install them yourself?

Misko78

Jan 7, 2020
Visit site
Phone came with google apps preinstalled. Cleared that and everything else mentioned in any solution for this problem. With other account on the same phone everything works. I open Google play with primary account nothing works and i press three lines in the corner switch to other account and everything works, switch back and nothing works. I wouldn't care but i have tons of purchased apps, my kids account connected to it, which also has the same error DF-CHARTA-01 (and when i delete her account from her phone and add normal account everything works normal as well).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. And just to be clear, you're saying that this happens with your account regardless of whether or not another account is on the phone as well? Just trying to determine if this is an issue with multi-account.

Misko78

Jan 7, 2020
Visit site
I bought a new phone and added my google account to it, I've noticed that the search wasn't working but didn't payed too much attention I just thought it was some temporary problem. I gave my old phone to my 8 year old daughter. Did a factory reset to it and installed the child account and connected it to my primary account I've been using since 2009. I've installed the family link and I've realized she can't installed anything and she was getting error df-charta-01. Then I figured out my account was not working in play store and acting strange with the same error. Then I did all suggested things I could find on the net. In the end I've deleted my kids account from her phone and added normal account I everything was working, on my phone I've added a new account and when I switch to it in play store everything works.

So yes it acts up whether or not another account is on the phone. It looks like my account is a problem and through my account every other linked account.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Having a child account connected to your primary account may be causing the problem. Create a new Google account for her, and attach a child account to it for her. (The error can also happen if Play doesn't have administrative access but since it works on your other account, that's not the problem. The problem is with the account, not the phone or the app.)