Google Fi Caller Id Info

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I changed from Google Fi as the Caller Id was not identifying me. I discovered in research Google does not maintain Caller ID.

Caller ID is becoming more important with all the spam calls and use of cell phones.

I moved my mumber to a prepaid ATT account and believe that the prepaid for $40 a month does not support caller id and just gives a location. I think you have to upgrade to a $75 month account to get caller id support. I plan to return to Google Fi after a visit to my local ATT store to confirm this.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
OP, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that Google does not maintain caller ID. Sad as it may sound - I don't make a ton of outgoing calls, but those I do make seem to have the correct phone number.

There are tons of results if you Google this issue, it's certainly not being hidden and I can't possibly link to all those discussions about it, including some on the official Google support page for the service. Some people seem to trace it down to being on Sprint when making the call (T-Mobile seems to be the "base" carrier, or primary and where some features seem to work better than on Sprint).

colin8008

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
Google does provide phone number or location as Caller ID. What I want is my name to be provided with Caller ID such as I have with OOMA. Other research has shown that Google does not provide the Caller ID into the system.

There is a great website for researching Caller ID - www.calleridtest.com

I stopped by the ATT store just now and they confirmed that Caller ID was not part of the prepaid ATT program.

In essence I went from a $25 a month account at Google Fi due to low data use to a $40 a month prepaid account at ATT and still do not get Caller ID. I need to pay an additional $35 a month to move to a standard plan to get Caller ID.

I consider Caller ID to be very important with all the robo and span calls. Yesterday I called a friend at Lake Tahoe and she said that she does not respond to Nevada calls and answered mine due to the emails we had exchanged.

Back to Google Fi this month.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It used to be that cell phones would't be listed numbers and wouldn't show a name unless it was in the contacts of the person receiving the call. I guess I've been living under a rock as it relates to caller ID stuff, I wasn't aware that the information could be transmitted. What I do know is that the Google dialer can do a reverse lookup on incoming calls, at least for business numbers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay