Galaxy a8 2018 android ver 9 unable to remove a device from bluetooth list

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i WANT TO REMOVE A BLUETTOTH DEVICE FROM THE BLUETTOTH LIST ON MY PHONE. I click on unpair but the phone keeps trying to connevt again to the speakers. To get around, I must turn bluettoth off. I cannot find an option to remove that device from the list . It keeps coming back and wants the password to connect to the speakers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, there is no option to tell the phone to remove the device. And I cannot turn off bluetooth on the device itself. Small MINT speakers. It used to be ok but i cannot remember how long ago.
Ok
Go to settings >apps>3 button right corner tap> scroll to system apps tap >scroll to bluetooth and clear data ,cache force stop all 3 bluetooth there.
I circled in my screenshot:20200110_135651.jpeg

Saxmanserge

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
Ok
Go to settings >apps>3 button right corner tap> scroll to system apps tap >scroll to bluetooth and clear data ,cache force stop all 3 bluetooth there.
I circled in my screenshot:View attachment 315336

Tried the clear cache and data. Same thing happens. I enable bluetooth and it connects to the speakers right away. I thought there was an option way before to tell the phone to forget about a device. Not just unpair. It seems the option vanished.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tried the clear cache and data. Same thing happens. I enable bluetooth and it connects to the speakers right away. I thought there was an option way before to tell the phone to forget about a device. Not just unpair. It seems the option vanished.
The 2 ways I suggested should of wiped Bluetooth device and make you pair again

Saxmanserge

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
The 2 ways I suggested should of wiped Bluetooth device and make you pair again

The anoying thing is taht I dont want the speakers to pair. I just want bluetooth to be ON and available. When it goes to the speakers, it sends the sound to the speakers. Very strange. Tks everyone for your help. If you ever find a solution or if I find onr, I will share for sure.