I live in a rural area and am currently with Straight Talk using Verizons network. ST is telling me I will need a new phone to support their move to VOLTE. We have at times a useless (literally) connection for data, as in 0.02 download speeds. My voice signal is good using an amplified antenna. How will voLTE be any better for me?
    01-10-2020 02:22 PM
    Volte is better high speed data and voice calls
    'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-10-2020 03:25 PM
    IF Verizon's VoLTE is stronger than their CDMA signal, you'll get better coverage on voice and text, it won't have any effect on data, since, if your phone is capable of 4G LTE, you're already using it for data.

Register then post the make and model of your phone here (box down ↓). If it's not capable of $G LTE, you'll have to upgrade.

(I suspect, though, that if there's no other carrier with a strong signal near you, and you can't get a strong signal from, say, your roof, you're just not going to be able to improve things. (If there's a spot from which you can get a strong signal, and there's power there, you can put a cellular repeater at that spot. They're weatherproof, like nanocells, but even lower powered.)
    01-10-2020 04:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I think the main problem is that Verizon is sunsetting its CDMA network, and relying on VoLTE for voice calls: http://www.verizonwireless.com/suppo...e-base-218813/. If Straight Talk doesn't have any other ideas (like maybe changing from a Verizon SIM to a T-Mobile SIM), then you'll probably have to look into changing providers.
    01-10-2020 06:11 PM
    Straight Talk can use any of the 4 carriers, so he needs to find one with a good signal where he lives. But if there is none (most carriers don't build out to places with few people), only a repeater will work - if there's someplace that there's a strong signal. If no carrier has a strong signal anywhere (like on the roof), there's just no solution. Some places are just dead for all carriers. (Try getting a signal in Great Smoky Mountains National Park - towers are forbidden for miles.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-11-2020 04:31 PM