I want to reset my mobile.. but it's screen is not working.

MB 1

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
My mobile phones screen is broken, and it's touch is also not working, i tried to use OTG cable and mouse to work with it, but the problem is this that in my setting OTG setting is turned off, and without touching i just can not open it, so can any one plz suggest what should i do know? Because i want to reset my phone before selling it..!!

MB 1

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
My mobile phones (Samsung Galaxy J7) screen is broken, and it's touch is also not working, i tried to use OTG cable and mouse to work with it, but the problem is this that in my setting OTG setting is turned off, and without touching i just can not open it, so can any one plz suggest what should i do know? Because i want to reset my phone before selling it..!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The J7 is 99 new. Wipe it before you sell it? Who would buy it and for how much?
Microwave for a few seconds and recycle.

I'm guessing sell for parts, considering how much is broken on it. No idea what the market is like for parts-only J7's, but if you look hard enough, there's always somebody who'll shell out $$$!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you found any of the advice useful as you seem to have stopped responding. If you still need help I think I have the answer you're looking for.

First you do not need to see the screen or even have it work to factory reset your device. Use this link and follow the directions within to access your Bootloader screen, from there it's all Volume buttons and power buttons. The phone will vibrate letting you know it is powering off or on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSyRbrqTlU

Additional advice:
Watch the video a couple of times. You will need to gauge the time it takes before the Samsung logo appears so you'll know when to let go of the buttons. So is it a 1, 2 count or a 1 hound dog, 2 hound dog....

Next you will need to know how many down clicks it is to factory reset. Is it 4 Vol down or 5 Vol down clicks.

Then you will need to know if it up or down to confirm that Yes you want to factory reset your device.

My final advice would be to do it twice.

Best wishes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze