This watch is for my special needs granddaughter who does not have a cell phone.. She has a tablet... Would like to purchase a smartwatch that can sync to her Samsung tab E System is 7.1 which meets minimum requirements for most Android watches... Bluetooth also meets requirements of 4.0.... Operating systems are the same.. A few say you can, and some say you can't.
    01-11-2020 10:04 AM
    If you can install the Wear OS app on the tablet it might sync. But I'm not sure if you can install Wear OS on a tablet? Without the Wear OS app on the tablet or phone the watch isn't going to just pair natively like a Bluetooth speaker, Bluetooth headphones, etc.
    01-11-2020 10:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You can tell if the Wear OS app can be installed on the tablet by logging into your granddaughter's Google account, going to the Play Store website, going to the Wear OS app page, then clicking Install. It will then ask you which device you want to install to -- if the tablet is listed and not greyed out, then it can be installed there. Another thing to do is to go to g.co/wearcheck on the tablet browser to see if it's compatible.

It doesn't look like Samsung watches (like the Galaxy Watch) can be paired with tablets: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy...compatibility/

For cheapo non-Wear OS Android smartwatches straight from China, it's hard to say, but I'd avoid those anyway, given their generally poor quality and support.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Scott337 likes this.
    01-11-2020 02:16 PM