let's say if you buy a movie today can you watch it whenever or is there expiration date
    01-12-2020 06:00 PM
    If you buy, it's yours; if you rent, you have 30d.
    01-12-2020 06:13 PM
    Usually the terms are spelled out on any of the streaming sites. The rentals on Google Play are 30 days or 48 from when you start watching. Whichever comes first.
    01-12-2020 06:36 PM
    Got a free movie on Play Store about 4-5 years ago and still have it to this day,actually watched it the other nite...
    01-12-2020 07:20 PM
    Got a free movie on Play Store about 4-5 years ago and still have it to this day,actually watched it the other nite...
    Are you referring to a free purchase or free rental?
    01-12-2020 07:39 PM
    Are you referring to a free purchase or free rental?
    Was a free purchase (selection)
    01-12-2020 08:20 PM
    You buy it and it's yours, no different than music or apps.

On a side note if you plan on casting to a TV you need to use Chromecast, Google recently blocked me from streaming my movies when casting the screen to my Roku enabled smart TV.
    01-12-2020 09:09 PM
    it is yours and it is supposed to be yours forever but, that is not always the case. there could be licensing issues that could get it deleted from your account. google has an out in their terms. this is with any digital movie you buy no matter the service. If you can, once you purchase the movie, download and store a copy in case something happens

from google
    Removal or Unavailability of Content. Subject to the Terms, Content that you purchase or install will be available to you through Google Play for the period selected by you, in the case of a purchase for a rental period, and in other cases as long as Google has the right to make such Content available to you. In certain cases (for example if Google loses the relevant rights, a service or Content is discontinued, there are critical security issues, or there are breaches of applicable terms or the law), Google may remove from your Device or cease providing you with access to certain Content that you have purchased.
    https://play.google.com/about/play-terms/index.html
    belodion and L0n3N1nja like this.
    01-13-2020 05:32 AM
    it is yours and it is supposed to be yours forever but, that is not always the case. there could be licensing issues that could get it deleted from your account. google has an out in their terms. this is with any digital movie you buy no matter the service. If you can, once you purchase the movie, download and store a copy in case something happens

from google

https://play.google.com/about/play-terms/index.html
    Good point to keep in mind but I'm wondering if they remove it will you still be able to access even downloaded. Also, how easy is to retrieve the download to transfer to other devices.

Seems like they should change their policy and allow you to choose another movie or receive some kind of credit in the event that happens. It probably doesn't happen often enough to warrant that.
    01-13-2020 08:24 AM
    Good point to keep in mind but I'm wondering if they remove it will you still be able to access even downloaded. Also, how easy is to retrieve the download to transfer to other devices.

Seems like they should change their policy and allow you to choose another movie or receive some kind of credit in the event that happens. It probably doesn't happen often enough to warrant that.
    if they remove it, nope you will not access to download. as far as transfer to other devices, it should but no guarantee. everything depends on the license google had for the movie.

In some cases they do give credit. I think it was mentioned in the next paragraph after the quote I posted.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-13-2020 12:15 PM