How change Gallery groupings to date, month, all?

Treesong2

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy J3, the default Gallery app grouped pictures by date. Then a few days ago it switched to displaying them in one huge lump. I clicked around and couldn't find anything in the Settings that would make it change back. At some point I did something that made it group by month, which is its present state, but I don't know what. I've Googled stuff like <android "photo gallery" "by date">, but no luck. Some places said to click on Menu at the bottom of the screen, but there ain't no such animal. Help! TIA.

Treesong2

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
That's at the top of my Gallery. I've clicked on all four and didn't see anything useful. The triple-dot icon at the very top, next to the notifications and search icons, leads to options 'Camera' and 'Settings', but 'Settings' doesn't help. Samsung Cloud, Cloud trash, Auto create stories, Notifications, Show location information, About Gallery, nothing useful. It does tell me I have version 5.4.12.1, latest version already installed, if that matters.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's at the top of my Gallery. I've clicked on all four and didn't see anything useful. The triple-dot icon at the very top, next to the notifications and search icons, leads to options 'Camera' and 'Settings', but 'Settings' doesn't help. Samsung Cloud, Cloud trash, Auto create stories, Notifications, Show location information, About Gallery, nothing useful. It does tell me I have version 5.4.12.1, latest version already installed, if that matters.
If you could provide a screenshot so I can see what you mean .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech