Can anyone help please?

I have a new Samsung Galaxy A50. The phone charges fine through a battery pack and when plugged into a mains' socket. However, when I try to charge it through the car's USB, the phone's charging icon constantly moves between charging and not charging in a regular cycle. My old phone will still charge through the car's USB perfectly. I am using an official Samsung cable.

I have phoned Samsung who seem to think the phone is incompatible with my car and there's nothing they can do!

I have cleared all data re USB Settings but it still won't work.

Can anyone give me any pointers please?😁
    Fulani Filot likes this.
    01-14-2020 02:42 PM
    What is the rating of the connector/plug that goes into your car's power socket? I'm asking because my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) requires 3.0mili-ampere-hour supply. One of my two connector/plugs is a 3.0mAh tyoe and the other is a 1.0mAh type.

Guess what, my Note 3 loses power (instead of gaining) when charging via the 1.0mAh plug...while it charges thoroughly and quickly via the 3.0mAh plug in my cars power outlet.

Check the rating of power for your:
    > Phone
    > Connector/plug
    > Car's power outlet (check car manual for limits)
    01-14-2020 02:53 PM
    Can try a different cable , does it come with usb option on pull down menu like transfer files,charging ect..?

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Fulani Filot likes this.
    01-14-2020 02:54 PM
    Just rely on the connector (3.0mAh) + USB cable of your phone. I always use my Samsung USB charging cables because I can tell you one thing:

"Samsung phones know their cables and won't work well with cables of some other brands (remember the software drivers required for the USB cable?)"
    01-14-2020 03:13 PM
    3.0A, not m and not h. Current isn't h - that's the amount of time, and the Note 3 actually requires about 1.2A (3.0mA is .003A), but the A50 does require 3A, and the USB port in a car head unit usually can't supply that. The accessory socket can, with an appropriate car charger.
    Fulani Filot likes this.
    01-14-2020 05:04 PM
    3.0A, not m and not h. Current isn't h - that's the amount of time, and the Note 3 actually requires about 1.2A (3.0mA is .003A), but the A50 does require 3A, and the USB port in a car head unit usually can't supply that. The accessory socket can, with an appropriate car charger.
    @Rukbat thanks for correcting me there, I had a feeling I got something wrong there.
    01-19-2020 11:28 AM
    No problem. 46 years of designing sometimes makes it seem trivial, where having learned about it once makes it difficult to remember even days later. (We actually had tests, many tests, on the meaning of measurement terms, when going for an EE degree - until we got sick of them. But they stick as well as my name does. When I forget the difference between A and Ah, between A and mA, I won't remember my name either.)
    01-19-2020 04:12 PM