I put a lock code on it can't remember the lock code can't remember my Gmail nothing I'm locked out help
    01-15-2020 10:34 AM
    Which device you have?

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-15-2020 10:50 AM
    Then it sounds like you're out of luck. Even if you factory reset the phone, it would require your Google login info before being able to set up the phone. Passwords and login info are extremely important security features and not to be dismissed so casually. If you have trouble remembering them, then I suggest alternate means of keeping track. Password managers are great and you only have to remember that one login. Even keeping a hand written list in a locked drawer would be an improvement here.
    01-15-2020 11:51 AM
    Depending on the device, if they have a Samsung and log into their Samsung account on the phone they can remotely open it .
    01-15-2020 11:59 AM
    You could use it as a paperweight
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-15-2020 12:06 PM
    Depending on the device, if they have a Samsung and log into their Samsung account on the phone they can remotely open it .
    The OP said they can't remember "nothing," which one can only assume that includes their Samsung account (requiring a further assumption it's even a Samsung phone).
    01-15-2020 12:13 PM
    The OP said they can't remember "nothing," which one can only assume that includes their Samsung account (requiring a further assumption it's even a Samsung phone).
    I gave small hope , let's see what they say
    I could easily said factory reset but they dont know their password for Google..so it's going be very tough.
    01-15-2020 12:21 PM
    Hypnotic recall may be the answer.
    Rukbat and J Dubbs like this.
    01-15-2020 12:31 PM
    You're correct, however it may helpfel to the OP or others who stumble across the thread who are not aware they can retrieve their information through a Samsung account. Obviously only good for Samsung devices.
    01-15-2020 12:33 PM
    I put a lock code on it can't remember the lock code can't remember my Gmail nothing I'm locked out help
    Wow that's a lot to forget lol..... things that make you go hmm
    01-16-2020 09:50 AM
    Wow that's a lot to forget lol..... things that make you go hmm
    Yeah, I'm trying to picture the scenario. I could see forgetting pin after not using a device for awhile. Forgetting an email passeord is possible but that's usually recoverable. Forgetting the email address itself is unusual but I suppose it's possible under certain circumstances.
    01-16-2020 10:27 AM
    Finding the phone in a bus isn't, though.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    01-16-2020 05:15 PM
    Yeah, I'm trying to picture the scenario. I could see forgetting pin after not using a device for awhile. Forgetting an email passeord is possible but that's usually recoverable. Forgetting the email address itself is unusual but I suppose it's possible under certain circumstances.
    4 years at Verizon, I've encountered it numerous times. It's almost always an older person and their kid set it up and they never used the email account so they didn't bother knowing it. When I could see the Verizon account, customers photo ID, and complete device history on said account I knew it wasn't a stolen phone.
    anon(10614692) likes this.
    01-16-2020 06:34 PM
    4 years at Verizon, I've encountered it numerous times. It's almost always an older person and their kid set it up and they never used the email account so they didn't bother knowing it. When I could see the Verizon account, customers photo ID, and complete device history on said account I knew it wasn't a stolen phone.
    I could see that happening.
    01-16-2020 06:59 PM
    Then maybe we should send them to their carriers, because here we can't see any of that. On a side note, if this was anything similar to your scenario finding us would probably not even occur to them... IMHO.

Meanwhile I sometimes wonder how many of these are real, personally I don't think any of them are but there are some who are less skeptical than myself, and how many of these are stupid people who haven't figured out yet that stealing cellphones is pointless endeavor if they plan to keep or use it. Of course some could be jealous SOs too...
    01-16-2020 07:31 PM
    Then maybe we should send them to their carriers, because here we can't see any of that. On a side note, if this was anything similar to your scenario finding us would probably not even occur to them... IMHO.

Meanwhile I sometimes wonder how many of these are real, personally I don't think any of them are but there are some who are less skeptical than myself, and how many of these are stupid people who haven't figured out yet that stealing cellphones is pointless endeavor if they plan to keep or use it. Of course some could be jealous SOs too...
    Carriers can't help unlock or reset the devices anyway. I was just giving an example of how some times a person legitimately doesn't know the email.

People are tech illiterate. They steal phones not realizing they are locked down and can't be reset. Then they sell the phone to another person who doesn't verify it's not linked to a Google account. I saw that almost weekly, someone came in with a phone and couldn't reset it.

Many also fail to realize phones can be tracked. Had an older woman come in because her phone went missing, didn't know about find my phone. I logged into her Apple account and it showed her phone in a parking lot she hadn't been in. She came back a few hours later to thank me, her phone was sitting on a car seat plugged into a charger. Police arrested the theif.

One night thieves broke into 3 separate stores of ours and took every Apple and Samsung product including our display phones. Hit another set of stores in another city a few hours later. It was a quick smash and grab, in and out in under a minute, concealed their faces. Idiots didn't power all the demo phones off, got caught a couple days later in another state a few hundred miles away.
    VidJunky likes this.
    01-16-2020 10:30 PM
    Call the manufacturer of the phone, i.e samsung, lg etc from another phone and ask how to do a hard reset if you don't know how to do it. You'll lose the info on your phone, but hopefully it was backed up so maybe all won't be lost. I changed my password to a pattern while really tired and the next day I couldn't remember it so that's what I had to do on my Samsung
    belodion likes this.
    01-17-2020 03:23 PM
    Call the manufacturer of the phone, i.e samsung, lg etc from another phone and ask how to do a hard reset if you don't know how to do it. You'll lose the info on your phone, but hopefully it was backed up so maybe all won't be lost. I changed my password to a pattern while really tired and the next day I couldn't remember it so that's what I had to do on my Samsung
    You can't do a hard reset without a password because of Factory Reset Protection
    01-17-2020 03:29 PM
    I was able to do it on mine? I called Samsung and she walked me thru the hard reset. Dumb me tho, I didn't know about backing my accounts up so I lost a lot. Just say'n
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-17-2020 04:00 PM
    Mine was for the screen lock when turning it on. Is that maybe different? I'm not that tech savvy and that's what worked for me tho. Again, just say'n. Not trying to be problematic here either as I have a lot of respect for your knowledge and what you do here. I should've probably just kept quiet, sorry...
    mustang7757 and belodion like this.
    01-17-2020 04:12 PM
    I was able to do it on mine? I called Samsung and she walked me thru the hard reset. Dumb me tho, I didn't know about backing my accounts up so I lost a lot. Just say'n
    Hi Welcome to AC Forums!
    Mine was for the screen lock when turning it on. Is that maybe different? I'm not that tech savvy and that's what worked for me tho. Again, just say'n. Not trying to be problematic here either as I have a lot of respect for your knowledge and what you do here. I should've probably just kept quiet, sorry...
    No.. no problem , thank you for letting us know
    anon(10664110) likes this.
    01-17-2020 04:21 PM
    I should've probably just kept quiet, sorry...
    Very definitely not. Your posts are exactly in the spirit of the forums...offering helpful comments and suggestions. Furthermore, you registered here in order to do that, among other things, so thank you and welcome.
    @mustang7757 is one of our most helpful volunteers; I know him well and I can assure you that he would echo my sentiments.
    01-17-2020 04:46 PM
    Very definitely not. Your posts are exactly in the spirit of the forums...offering helpful comments and suggestions. Furthermore, you registered here in order to do that, among other things, so thank you and welcome.
    @mustang7757 is one of our most helpful volunteers; I know him well and I can assure you that he would echo my sentiments.
    I agree with you 100%
    belodion likes this.
    01-17-2020 05:35 PM