Hi anyone
    I'm a big drone fan, and recently purchased a Samsung tablet (SM-T365), to get a better display for remote than my smartphone. Unfortunately, the drone's manufacturer omitted to inform customers that there are android version requirements... it seems Marshmallow is the minimum spec, and for just one stupid reason...

What happens under Lollipop is that the USB connection to the remote keeps disconnecting all the time. Under Marshmallow, setting the USB connection to "charge only" resolves the matter - and of course, that option is not available in Lollipop. What I've tried so far... :

- XDA, Cyanogen, Lineageos, etc... no custom ROMs available for the SM-T365. Even TWRP was hard to find for this tablet... No help, either.
    - Softbricked my tablet, got it unbricked and reimaged with a "proper" Samsung stock image.

It would really help me if someone could provide guidance on how to mod my USB options, if it's possible. The custom ROM path doesn't seem to be the way to go, not for this tablet...
    anon(10181084) likes this.
    01-19-2020 09:53 AM
    You really should have researched it more before you bought a 5 year old tablet. There's not much you can do at this point (unless you can pull the HAL from the tablet or the stock ROM and patch it into a later version of AOSP) except to sell it and buy something newer.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-19-2020 03:29 PM
    I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-19-2020 04:22 PM
    You really should have researched it more before you bought a 5 year old tablet. There's not much you can do at this point (unless you can pull the HAL from the tablet or the stock ROM and patch it into a later version of AOSP) except to sell it and buy something newer.
    ... I did research it. Currently, I'm using a phone that is even older than the tablet, only it runs on a custom Marshmallow ROM. As I said, the manufacturer doesn't provide android requirements, so I found out the hard way. The tablet itself is pretty good, it's IP67 and mil spec certified, so except for the USB issue, it really fits the job description. Could you develop your comments about HAL/AOSP? I don't mind tinkering and trying
    01-19-2020 11:05 PM
    I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Many thanks!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-19-2020 11:05 PM