Have tried the supposed way; does not work. Vol- & Pwr only reboots, no matter what. I have 2 S7's: the one with busted display has no display whatsoever, and no response to touch. Otherwise it is healthy. I've tried the supposed power-off tricks with my good S7, and nothing works so far. Ultimately I need to either wipe or pull files, then wipe, the one that is busted. It will not be repaired. Already replaced with a third S7 but files are incomplete.

I have found a repeatable easy way to force it into Download mode. But from there, I see few options. Once again any attempt to force it Off fails but I don't know much so please help. I can hook up a set of custom tools and go at it that way but the 'norm' for such requires a live screen, as you must get it into USB Debug mode. That is impossible so must be bypassed.
    01-20-2020 08:39 AM
    Try holding the power button until goes off .

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-20-2020 11:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How long are you holding down the buttons for?
    01-21-2020 02:05 PM
    If after 30 seconds it still doesn't go off, whatever shock broke the screen may have broken something else. You're not going to be able to "get into" the phone to wipe anything. About the best you can do is force the phone open (physically, remove the battery (because doing the next step on the battery is dangerous), then either find the SoC chip and smash it, or smash the whole phone. A 2 pound sledge hammer should do it. Then dispose of the phone at any cellphone store or repair ship. (NEVER throw a lithium battery in the trash.)
    01-21-2020 04:21 PM
    I don't know if this advice will reach you since you are not responding to the advice you requested but...

You are actually in a great position having two of the same devices. This allows you to do on the working one what you need to do and cannot see on the broken one. Provided the display is the only defective part of the broken one.

Booting into the Bootloader, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...25V5Ryv88TqgNF. On the good device you can see how many clicks down it is to reach the factory reset option, then you can see what the confirmation is and factory reset the device. This menu is also good for powering down the device, as there is a power down option, as well as a restart option, but we don't what that...
    01-21-2020 08:24 PM