Messenger app install problem "Can't install Messenger - Text and video Chat for Free"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can't install it it's about 2 months , i reboot my phone , I have the 5 version of android , i have space , al the others app install correctly just the messenger app with this problem
any one have an answer or had this problem in the past and he found a solution, please help !!

thank you for your help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most phones come with a texting app installed as a system app. You can't "install" it over that, all you can do is update it. Or you can install a different texting app. (But if you don't have an unlimited account, that app is "theftware", which we don't discuss here. Thread closed.)

Safa Neffati

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy note 3 with android 5 and I can't install the messenger app it's about 2 months now , i reboot my phone , i have space , al the others app install correctly and normally just the messenger app with this problem
any one have an answer or had this problem in the past and he found a solution, please help !!

thank you for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Most phones come with a texting app installed as a system app. You can't "install" it over that, all you can do is update it. Or you can install a different texting app. (But if you don't have an unlimited account, that app is "theftware", which we don't discuss here. Thread closed.)

I believe the OP is asking about the Facebook Messenger app, which in the Play Store is called "Messenger - Text and Video Chat for Free": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.orca&hl=en_US. I reopened the thread to respond.

To the OP, the problem is likely that you have an old phone running an outdated OS version. I recall seeing a lot of posts about Messenger no longer working with Lollipop. You'd have to either find an apk of an older Messenger version (potentially risky if you go to random apk sites) or get a more current phone. The latter is a better option overall, since Lollipop devices likely have a bunch of unpatched vulnerabilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy