I am in a bit of a pickle. I am using an Walton rx7 mini android 9 helio p60, i could change all my prior android phone's default home launcher by Setting>Default apps>Home Screen>select desirable launcher. Here's my problem my phone dosen't seem to have the "home screen/default launcher" option in the "default apps" menu. Is there any way to change change this? Or should i root my phone to change this?
    01-21-2020 01:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Some phones don't allow 3rd party launchers (notably certain Chinese phones intended for the Chinese market). What happens when you install a 3rd party launcher and tap the Home button -- does it give you the option to choose which launcher to use?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    01-21-2020 01:33 PM
    If not (and you can install another launcher), go to Settings > Apps > choose the default launcher > Advanced > Clear defaults. Then hit the home button and you should be asked which launcher to use and whether you want it just this once (which you should choose until you decide it's the one you want coming up by default) or Always (which will make it the default launcher. (Which you can change later by clearing its defaults.)
    01-21-2020 04:55 PM