How do i turn off voice assit on my Galaxy Tab A? My screen is locked and it wont take my password

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentally turned on voice assits and now Im locked out of my Galaxy Tab A because it wont

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not all that familiar with Accessibility options but I'm sure turning them on doesn't lock users out of their devices. If it did that would be like an anti-accessibility feature....

Let's start with what you see when you open or power on the device? You say password so we'll assume that you don't have a pattern or pin set, which means you should get a keyboard and a little space to type in. If you only get the little space, do you get a microphone symbol so that you can speak your password? I do believe that you have to spell your password and not say it and that would include indicating capitals by say "capital" and numbers by saying "numeral", might be able to say "number" again not totally sure, but it sounds good. You know what I am sure of? **Rhetorical question. I'm sure we won't be of much help if you don't respond to us.

Best wishes

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My best guess is that talk back is enabled for anything pressed. When the key board pops up and a letter is tapped it reads back the letter instead of entering it. Basically everything needs to be double or triple tapped.

Still should be possible to enter the password, just very frustrating. Probably easier to connect a usb keyboard and unlock it that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss