Samsung Cloud doesn't back up security phone copy automatically

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

As far as i know Samsung cloud does it automatically every 24 hours, when the phone is charging, connected to wifi, and screen off.

Thing is it hasn't done it since Jan 2nd and it was because i manually did it.

I have already deleted app data and cache.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang, do you have power saving mode on? and is battery optimization on for Samsung Cloud?

I remember google photos wouldn't back up the photos unless id open the app until i disabled battery optimization for it.

what are your settings for these 2 things? thanks
Hi,I will check little later and let you know , I'm away at the moment without my Note 10 but I don't use power save mode for the phone , but will check the app ... if yours is set to medium it can cause that not back up , pull your notification panel down long press the battery icon should be optimized or high performance

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I think it could be the battery optimization feature of Samsung as well, that prevented google photos to back up in the background (independently of the power saving mode, even in high performance)

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung cloud is being optimized so it's not that View attachment 315810

is your google photos optimized as well? because I had to disable it for google photos to back up in the background, otherwise It would only do it when i opened the app. Same with Gmail and Chrome notifications, I had to disable battery optimization to receive them.

Wonder if i have to do the same for samsung cloud.

Please let me know out of curiosity if your Google Photos is optimized or not and whether it backs up in the background or you have to open the app.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
is your google photos optimized as well? because I had to disable it for google photos to back up in the background, otherwise It would only do it when i opened the app. Same with Gmail and Chrome notifications, I had to disable battery optimization to receive them.
It shouldn't. Optimization should be disabled during charge (what are they optimizing by not letting the app run - the charger?) Score another -1 for Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Wonder if i have to do the same for samsung cloud.

Please let me know out of curiosity if your Google Photos is optimized or not and whether it backs up in the background or you have to open the app.

Thanks
Also make sure adaptive and medium/maximum not checked

My screenshotScreenshot_20200125-154702_Device%20care.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21