Shop Holiday deals at: Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Dell | Samsung

Wondering what the notification icon that is a circle with a UP inside of it mean?
    01-24-2020 04:21 PM
    Where do you see it ? Status bar or notifications panel ? Also which device .

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-24-2020 04:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It has the word "UP," or are you talking about an up arrow? Swipe down the notification panel -- do you see it there? If so, it should say which app is responsible.
    01-24-2020 06:09 PM
    Talking about this one that is attached
    Attached Thumbnails What does the notification icon that is a circle with UP in it-929f0c1f-1bfa-4318-a52b-2d29c0e55bb2.jpeg  
    01-24-2020 08:37 PM
    Talking about this one that is attached
    That seems like a notification from one of your apps. Do you see it on the status bar? If so, swipe down and there should be a notification related to that icon.
    01-24-2020 08:41 PM
    It’s on my daughters phone. I am trying to find out without having to call her out if I don’t need to
    01-24-2020 08:44 PM
    Welcome to the forum. That almost looks like a screen shot but not quite... If this is on your device you can swipe down the notification bar, press and hold the notification for this and find out what app it belongs to. Simply touching it should also produce some kind of result that will likely indicate what app it belongs to. Should either of those fail, this is not likely your device and we won't be able to help you...
    01-24-2020 08:44 PM
    Man everyone is so fast today... Or I'm typing extremely slow. There's nothing I start the reply and then there's 4 or 5 replies.
    belodion likes this.
    01-24-2020 08:46 PM
    It’s on my daughters phone. I am trying to find out without having to call her out if I don’t need to
    Ask her. Sorry, we can't help you to spy on other person's phone.
    01-24-2020 08:48 PM
    Well it’s not my device, it’s my daughters, I said that. Her mom bought it for her but doesn’t monitor it, so I have to try. And it is a screenshot, sent to me and the. I cropped it so you could see the notification
    01-24-2020 08:48 PM
    She’s my minor child, I legally have the right to know what she’s doing. But her mom tells her she doesn’t need to give me the password.
    01-24-2020 08:49 PM
    The thread was temporarily closed, but I opened it back up again. The fact that the person in question is a minor and your child makes it more reasonable for you to act in a supervisory role, but it sounds like the situation is somewhat more complicated. Are you and her mother not together? If there was some legal agreement (i.e., divorce settlement), then that might have an impact on who has the right to supervise her.

The bottom line is that we still can't really help you beyond trying to recognize that icon, or advising you on your supervisory role as a parent. Since she's a minor, and if she's under your supervision, then you as a parent should be able to guide or limit her device use (which also includes allowing or denying use of apps). For teens and tweens, I realize that's much easier said than done, but there you have it. If she's under her mother's custody, and her mother doesn't want to cooperate with you, there's not much we can do to help, sorry! The nuclear option would be to cancel her line (assuming you have any control over it) -- but if you can't, and if it's under the control of her mother, then you'd have to discuss it with her.
    01-25-2020 02:35 AM
    If you have joint custody, jthompff, and the account her phone is on is in your name, you have the right to be in her phone. If her mother has sole custody, or owns the account the phone is on, you don't.

"Minor child", when it comes to cellphones these days, can mean anything from 4 to 17. If she's 10, and it's her mother's account, I'd bring it up with the divorce attorney, if her mother won't supervise her phone use. If she's 15 or older ... no kid of that age is going to let you see what they don't want you to see, even if they live in your house.

But we're not attorneys (not most of us, anyway), and none of us is your attorney, so we can't really go any further in helping you.
    01-25-2020 02:26 PM