Why is my huawei suddenly getting no push notifications after reset?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a huawei P smart running EMUI 9.1.0, Android 9. I had no issues until I reset the device the other day to restore my old wifi networks, and now suddenly I'm reciving no push notifications (it's not a setting I forgot to enable or disable, as I made a backup of my system settings using the Huawei backup feature and then restored it after reset).
I toubleshooted this and was given the solution of going to settings, battery, app launch - and from there enabling auto launch, secondary launch and run in background on all apps (which I've now done)
I was also advised to go to apps, special access, battery optimisation, and from there mark all apps as "allowed" (to bypass battery settings which might prevent them from being allowed to send notifications). These were all the troubleshooting steps available and I've done them all with little success (gmail and google play are notifying me now, but other apps such as youtube, facebook messenger, discord etc aren't despite also being marked as allowed)
Is there anything I can do? Huawei customer service wan't helpful either

Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
Jan 27, 2020
Visit site
In settings maybe under general do you have the option to reset settings , some have this others not ?

I've just checked all my settings; one app that's having issues (discord) seems to be showing the issue - if I go into battery usage after closing it it says "33.36% (of battery used)... stopped" ("stopped" implying it's not running anymore now it's in the background, hence no notifications)
However, in app launch "run in background" for it is enabled... any ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've just checked all my settings; one app that's having issues (discord) seems to be showing the issue - if I go into battery usage after closing it it says "33.36% (of battery used)... stopped" ("stopped" implying it's not running anymore now it's in the background, hence no notifications)
However, in app launch "run in background" for it is enabled... any ideas?
You can clear data ,cache and force stop it and if sync on it will repopulate the info into the app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fom my understanding this is a way to determine if any of your installed apps are causing issues, however I don't have any different apps than I did before I reset, could this still be a solution worth investigating given this?

Safe Mode is a simple troubleshooting step, without any risk of data loss. It's always possible that after the reset, the reinstallation of apps might have included some app update that you weren't previously aware of (or were consciously trying to avoid) that is now causing issues with the system. If you boot into Safe Mode and you get push notifications from preinstalled apps, then you know that some app you installed is causing the problem, and the next step(s) would be to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then you know it has more to do with the system.