So a friend supposedly blocked me on his android phone. (It half rings for me, and goes to voicemail.) But he told me he can see that I called. He also told me he supposedly doesn’t receive texts or voicemails.

When I block someone on my iPhone, the call doesn’t even ring, and goes straight to voicemail. How is he doing this? I thought when someone blocked a phone number, there was no notifications. Am I actually on do not disturb or are there apps that allow you to do this? Thanks!
    01-27-2020 10:09 PM
    On andriod you get a voicemail notification , but it doesn't ring .

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154

If you like I'll link the iPhone forum so you could ask there also.https://forums.imore.com/
    01-27-2020 10:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This might depend on how this friend (would a true friend really block you, though?) blocked your number. There are two main ways, and possibly a third depending on your carrier:

1. Going to your contact entry in the Contacts app, tapping Menu, then Route to Voicemail -- I believe this makes the call go immediately to voicemail without ringing, but I can't be sure since I haven't blocked any contacts who then tried to call me again. The person receiving the call would still get a notification that a voicemail arrived.

2. In the contact menu, there's also a Block Numbers option -- I think this will simply decline the call outright, without going to voicemail.

3. Carriers may have their own blocked numbers list that you can edit on your account website.

I'm speaking from my experience with a Pixel 3 XL. Other manufacturers might also have their own variation on call blocking.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    01-27-2020 10:29 PM
    A friend supposedly blocked me on his android phone. When I call him, it rings once then goes to voicemail. He called me back one day when I was supposedly blocked. He said he could see that I called. I called later again that day, and it still did the one ring and voicemail thing. He told me he wasn’t receiving my texts or voicemails though. Is he pulling my leg, or is this do not disturb mode? Just wondering if there is some sort of special app for this. Thanks!
    01-27-2020 10:51 PM
    01-27-2020 10:59 PM
    It depends on which dialler his phone is using. unlike the iPhone you can customise the phone dialler app. Some will block a call but still show when someone has tried to call and was blocked. But that is me seeing you (a blocked caller) on my call log. I wouldn't know if I were blocked on someone else's phone
    01-27-2020 11:09 PM
    So a friend supposedly blocked me on his android phone. (It half rings for me, and goes to voicemail.) But he told me he can see that I called. He also told me he supposedly doesn’t receive texts or voicemails.

When I block someone on my iPhone, the call doesn’t even ring, and goes straight to voicemail. How is he doing this? I thought when someone blocked a phone number, there was no notifications. Am I actually on do not disturb or are there apps that allow you to do this? Thanks!
    The short answer is yes, he can. There are multiple ways to do this.
    01-28-2020 03:34 AM
    It depends on the method being used to block
    01-28-2020 10:51 AM