About 2 weeks ago I got the galaxy buds and soon I reallised that my phone (Galaxy J5 (2016))was using its built in microphone for calls. This is a big issue as now I cannot speak to my friends when my phone is in my pocket and Im connected to galaxy buds. I am yet to find a solution for this issue please can you tell me where I can change the setting for something like that.

(
    I am currently using Android 7.1.1 and samsung experience version 8.5)
    01-29-2020 01:03 AM
    Do you hear the call through the buds or through the phone? While in a call, there should be a button that shows if the audio is being transmitted via BlueTooth or internal speaker or speakerphone (you can toggle them by pressing that button); try that and see if it switches to BT.
    01-29-2020 11:36 AM
    'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    01-29-2020 11:39 AM
    This is me, the one who asked the question. Yes I hear the audio from the buds but somehow the microphone it uses is the built in one
    01-29-2020 12:00 PM
    This is me, the one who asked the question. Yes I hear the audio from the buds but somehow the microphone it uses is the built in one
    Hi, welcome !

Make sure the mic on buds doesn't have dirt blocking it ?
    01-29-2020 12:01 PM
    Do you have any audio splitter apps (not sure this phone model comes with Separate App Sound or not)? If you try switching to Speakerphone, and then back to BT, does the microphone switch? On your Bluetooth Settings, do your Buds have the CALLS option active (might only have the Audio one)?
    mustang7757 and Can Yoruk like this.
    01-29-2020 12:05 PM
    Do you have any audio splitter apps (not sure this phone model comes with Separate App Sound or not)? If you try switching to Speakerphone, and then back to BT, does the microphone switch? On your Bluetooth Settings, do your Buds have the CALLS option active (might only have the Audio one)?
    I just checked my bluetooth settings after I read this post and oddly there are just two options; call audio and media audio and they are both toggled on. Could this somehow mean my phone does not support bluetooth mics??
    01-29-2020 12:59 PM
    No, that's the one... Can you try unpairing the buds and re-pairing them? Are you SURE the microphone being used is the phone one and not, maybe, defective microphones from the buds? Have you tried with a different pair of BT Headphones?
    01-29-2020 01:11 PM