My phone is stolen, switched off, the Find Your Phone cannot connect to it. I am suspecting someone swapped SIM cards. Wondering if I can still use the Google find my phone to locate, track or lock my phone.
    01-29-2020 08:44 AM
    Did you report it stolen to your carrier? That would eliminate any doubt about them gaining anything, but no I'm not aware they can with sim card.

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    01-29-2020 09:29 AM
    If the SIM card is swapped, the carrier can't really help. The Google tool to locate a phone would still help as that's based on your Google account, provided the person that has the device hasn't wiped the device and found a way to defeat FRP. Of course, that also assumes the device has a network connection of some kind to be able to report the current location.
    01-29-2020 09:38 AM
    01-29-2020 09:42 AM
    If the SIM card is swapped, the carrier can't really help. The Google tool to locate a phone would still help as that's based on your Google account, provided the person that has the device hasn't wiped the device and found a way to defeat FRP. Of course, that also assumes the device has a network connection of some kind to be able to report the current location.
    Thought they can freeze that number or sim card ?
    01-29-2020 09:57 AM
    If the device is reported stolen to the OP's carrier, would the serial/IMEI/etc be flagged if someone tried to activate it on another carrier?
    01-29-2020 10:22 AM
    If the device is reported stolen to the OP's carrier, would the serial/IMEI/etc be flagged if someone tried to activate it on another carrier?
    Should come up blacklisted
    01-29-2020 10:39 AM
    Thought they can freeze that number or sim card ?
    They can, but the number is tied to the SIM. If I were to steal your phone and plug my SIM in your number is no longer associated with that device.

The only recourse would be reporting the device as stolen (as noted by others) and getting the carrier to blacklist it by IMEI so it can't be used.
    01-29-2020 11:15 AM
    They can, but the number is tied to the SIM. If I were to steal your phone and plug my SIM in your number is no longer associated with that device.

The only recourse would be reporting the device as stolen (as noted by others) and getting the carrier to blacklist it by IMEI so it can't be used.
    Gotcha , thanks
    01-29-2020 11:29 AM