I was able to delete google search bar history with long press, but suddenly I can't do it anymore. Instead of magnifier, now there is clock to the left of my searches (that's the difference i noticed). If I delete browsing history for that day, that won't delete search bar. Does anyone have a solution ?

I have motorola moto x4, Android 9
    01-31-2020 04:57 AM
    It doesn't sound like you mean your actual history, but rather your autofill history. Autofill is where you've typed something or used voice search to access information and Google tries to guess what you're looking for the next time you begin typing in a search box but offering you things you've typed or said before. Does this sound correct?

I believe you can line item delete things by starting to type and then pressing and holding a specific item. For example, you looked up hound dogs for a friend but now every time you go to search for Home Depos near me, hound dogs show up as a suggestion. I believe if you touch and hold hound dogs you will get the option to delete just that suggestion. I am not aware of a way to delete the entire autofill history by pressing and holding. Try one of the other methods below for that...

For other autofill deletions;

Chrome
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qWVQrTZm1o5b8V

Android Assistant
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9z_Jzev04yhlW0
    belodion likes this.
    02-07-2020 11:49 PM
    That's how mine works long press and delete, try deleting the widget and putting it back or clear data,cache and force stop the Google app
    Laura Knotek and VidJunky like this.
    02-08-2020 01:22 AM