Hello I have bought a used Google Pixel recently and had issues where the phone will say "No sim Card inserted", when I have my brand new sim installed. If I reboot my phone it will see the sim card, but the problem will return in a few hours. I thought it was just a hardware issues since factory resetting my phone had not solved the issue, but after returning a Google Pixel and returning and buying another used one, the issue persists. These pixels are the Verizon unlocked variant, but they are using H2O as a carrier. Because this is a Verizon phone the boatloader is permanently locked, meaning I can not change the rom or downgrade the firmware from the most recent December ota update.
    Thanks for your help.
    02-03-2020 12:02 PM
    You tried safe mode ?

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-03-2020 12:21 PM
    (author speaking) I will give that a few days. Hope that solved the problem and thank you for your help.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-03-2020 12:47 PM
    (author speaking) I will give that a few days. Hope that solved the problem and thank you for your help.
    Hi, welcome!
    Yeah try that see what happens before we go next steps try find a solution.
    02-03-2020 01:04 PM
    The phone said no sim after working in safe mode for a few hours again.
    02-03-2020 03:36 PM
    So it worked in safe mode for few hours but not when you took it out of safe mode ? Did you download any apps to the phone?
    02-03-2020 03:38 PM
    If it failed in safe mode, contact the seller for another replacement or a refund. (In the future, don't buy Verizon Pixels. With an unlocked one, you could reflash the firmware, at least.) It's possible, but kind of unlikely, that 2 of them would have intermittent SIM ports, so it's probably the firmware. (If it's a currently-being-updated model - 2 or later - you can wait for today's update. Or download it at Google | Full OTA Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices and flash it manually [it flashes in recovery, so you don't have to unlock the bootloader].)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2020 05:37 PM
    So I was saying safe mode did not work. MY issues with no sim takes a few hours to appear anyway. I sideload the most recent firmware from the link, but I am suspicious the latest firmware causes the issue. There is no way of loading an older firmware version because the phone won't allow it, and changing the older ota update.zip file changes the checksum. I just wanted confirmation because, I have to ask this question, "If Google Pixel 1 is so popular, why am I the first one reporting this issue?"
    02-03-2020 08:48 PM
    So I was saying safe mode did not work. MY issues with no sim takes a few hours to appear anyway. I sideload the most recent firmware from the link, but I am suspicious the latest firmware causes the issue. There is no way of loading an older firmware version because the phone won't allow it, and changing the older ota update.zip file changes the checksum. I just wanted confirmation because, I have to ask this question, "If Google Pixel 1 is so popular, why am I the first one reporting this issue?"
    Like Rukbat mentioned contact the seller for refund or send another device.
    02-03-2020 08:53 PM
    So, any known fatal issues with the Oneplus 2?
    02-03-2020 09:49 PM
    Not that I know about , you can check the one plus forums here
    02-03-2020 10:04 PM
    Hello I have bought a used Google Pixel recently and had issues where the phone will say "No sim Card inserted", when I have my brand new sim installed. If I reboot my phone it will see the sim card, but the problem will return in a few hours. I thought it was just a hardware issues since factory resetting my phone had not solved the issue, but after returning a Google Pixel and returning and buying another used one, the issue persists. These pixels are the Verizon unlocked variant, but they are using H2O as a carrier. Because this is a Verizon phone the boatloader is permanently locked, meaning I can not change the rom or downgrade the firmware from the most recent December ota update.
    Thanks for your help.
    Are you sure it's not a Sim card and/or carrier issue? Brand New Sims can have problems, and sometimes carriers can have issues as well. Might not hurt to try another Sim to rule it out.
    02-04-2020 06:32 AM
    The new sim is a replacement for the old sim which had the same issue. Thanks anyway.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-04-2020 09:31 AM