Still seeing old carriers boot logo

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I purchased a Galaxy note 8 from Verizon years ago. After being with Verizon for a year I switched to TMobile to save some money and I brought my Verizon note 8 with me. I used the note 8 on TMobile for another year then I switched back to Verizon and got the pixel 4xl. I sold my old note 8 to a friend who was using straight talk as his carrier. The TMobile boot screen still pops up and he still get messages from T-Mobile and he doesn't have data when he is talking on the phone. Is there a way to fix this? The phone is unlocked and paid off. TMobile says they don't know how to get their stuff off the phone. Also I feel like they are messing with my data. I can't receive pictures unless connected to WiFi Any help is much appreciated.

DLewis13

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work, odin showed Pass, get notice on boot up, still Spectrum, blocked update.
Wiped phone. Trying now to restore backup.
Next step is to contact Spectrum and found out why an unlocked phone is so mucked up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Didn't work, odin showed Pass, get notice on boot up, still Spectrum, blocked update.
Wiped phone. Trying now to restore backup.
Next step is to contact Spectrum and found out why an unlocked phone is so mucked up.
Its subsidize carrier's sim , you need Verizon/Att/TMB sim to see the boot logo change, otherwise need to flash unlocked firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair