11-24-2021 09:05 AM
128 123 ...
tools Reply
    I purchased a Galaxy note 8 from Verizon years ago. After being with Verizon for a year I switched to TMobile to save some money and I brought my Verizon note 8 with me. I used the note 8 on TMobile for another year then I switched back to Verizon and got the pixel 4xl. I sold my old note 8 to a friend who was using straight talk as his carrier. The TMobile boot screen still pops up and he still get messages from T-Mobile and he doesn't have data when he is talking on the phone. Is there a way to fix this? The phone is unlocked and paid off. TMobile says they don't know how to get their stuff off the phone. Also I feel like they are messing with my data. I can't receive pictures unless connected to WiFi Any help is much appreciated.
    02-03-2020 08:44 PM
    When your friend put the sim card into the phone did it prompt to restart and provision new sim ?

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-03-2020 08:50 PM
    When you made any of those moves did you take the device in to the new carrier? Did they mention anything to you about flashing the device? I thought you could only get the carrier's splash screen and custom apps if you flashed the device to that carrier? It wouldn't affect the unlocked aspect of the device but it would rebrand the device to the carrier. I don't think simply putting a new SIM card in is going to give you the branding, or take it away.
    02-04-2020 12:37 AM
    When you made any of those moves did you take the device in to the new carrier? Did they mention anything to you about flashing the device? I thought you could only get the carrier's splash screen and custom apps if you flashed the device to that carrier? It wouldn't affect the unlocked aspect of the device but it would rebrand the device to the carrier. I don't think simply putting a new SIM card in is going to give you the branding, or take it away.
    Any samsung note 8 US carrier phone unlocked to use on any service provider the sim that goes into the phone will be provisioned and have the carriers apps and splash screen.
    02-04-2020 12:47 AM
    Any samsung note 8 US carrier phone unlocked to use on any service provider the sim that goes into the phone will be provisioned and have the carriers apps and splash screen.
    Might be true of the Note 8 but I know my Verizon S7 kept the Verizon splash page on start up when I moved it to T-Mobile.
    02-04-2020 01:40 AM
    If you say so... I'm highly skeptical on that one, what's the purpose of flashing firmware at the carrier if not to add the carriers special little touches then? Like I said I've never switched so I really don't know, but I have bought 2 unlocked phones now, and just having the Verizon SIM didn't give me any Verizon apps. Currently I have 2 and I for a fact installed both of those myself and I don't have a Verizon splash screen. While on my last Verizon branded device I had at least a dozen of their, you can't live without this app, apps, most of which I had to disable because I couldn't even uninstall them and then of course the Big Red Swoosh.
    02-04-2020 01:45 AM
    All of my family's unlocked phones I've activated on AT&T kept the stock splash screens, and nothing was added to the phones except some AT&T numbers for customer service etc in the contacts lists. Otherwise the phones were completely stock just like they came out of the box.
    VidJunky likes this.
    02-04-2020 06:20 AM
    If you say so... I'm highly skeptical on that one, what's the purpose of flashing firmware at the carrier if not to add the carriers special little touches then? Like I said I've never switched so I really don't know, but I have bought 2 unlocked phones now, and just having the Verizon SIM didn't give me any Verizon apps. Currently I have 2 and I for a fact installed both of those myself and I don't have a Verizon splash screen. While on my last Verizon branded device I had at least a dozen of their, you can't live without this app, apps, most of which I had to disable because I couldn't even uninstall them and then of course the Big Red Swoosh.
    Carrier firmware is all universal, if say for example I have tmobile firmware on my note 8 I now get it network unlocked so I can use Verizon , once I install the Verizon sim it will load the Verizon splash screen and provisions , now I want to switch to Att sim , it will load Att splash screen and provisions. Just like OP stated it was Verizon sim unlocked and went to tmobile and tmobile sim loaded it splash screen . If it's not sim unlocked you can still flash other carrier firmware but wont change from regular carrier until its sim unlocked.

Unlocked US model will Not load any carrier splash screen regardless sim only loads the carrier provisions.

I do enough of these flashing between my 2 carriers Att and tmobile . From my s8+,s9+,Note 9,s10+,Note 10+
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-04-2020 08:19 AM
    Might be true of the Note 8 but I know my Verizon S7 kept the Verizon splash page on start up when I moved it to T-Mobile.
    I believe this started with the s8 ...the s7 I believe wasn't universal like it is now
    02-04-2020 08:28 AM
    Carrier firmware is all universal, if say for example I have tmobile firmware on my note 8 I now get it network unlocked so I can use Verizon , once I install the Verizon sim it will load the Verizon splash screen and provisions , now I want to switch to Att sim , it will load Att splash screen and provisions. Just like OP stated it was Verizon sim unlocked and went to tmobile and tmobile sim loaded it splash screen . If it's not sim unlocked you can still flash other carrier firmware but wont change from regular carrier until its sim unlocked.

Unlocked US model will Not load any carrier splash screen regardless sim only loads the carrier provisions.

I do enough of these flashing between my 2 carriers Att and tmobile . From my s8+,s9+,Note 9,s10+,Note 10+
    I don't doubt you mustang, you have WAY more experience than me in using multiple phones and switching between multiple carriers ;-) It makes sense that my phones never changed, they were all factory unlocked straight from the manufacturer, I've never dealt with a phone that was carrier unlocked. But that's good info to know for future reference :-)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-05-2020 06:22 AM
    I'm in the UK and this doesn't happen here. I use the international ROM on my S10 and do not have my carrier's firmware.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-05-2020 06:37 AM
    I purchased a Galaxy note 8 from Verizon years ago. After being with Verizon for a year I switched to TMobile to save some money and I brought my Verizon note 8 with me. I used the note 8 on TMobile for another year then I switched back to Verizon and got the pixel 4xl. I sold my old note 8 to a friend who was using straight talk as his carrier. The TMobile boot screen still pops up and he still get messages from T-Mobile and he doesn't have data when he is talking on the phone. Is there a way to fix this? The phone is unlocked and paid off. TMobile says they don't know how to get their stuff off the phone. Also I feel like they are messing with my data. I can't receive pictures unless connected to WiFi Any help is much appreciated.
    Did the op ever respond? What I see standing out is the no data while using phone. Almost sounds like an incompatible/carrier misconfigured sim card/ internal carrier data errors , and seems like more of an issue than the splash screen, and may be related. With the multiple switching of carriers , a trip to the store for a new SIM is where'd be.
    mustang7757, J Dubbs and VidJunky like this.
    02-05-2020 06:53 AM
    Old thread, but just happened to me. Switched from Spectrum Mobile to T-Mobile, but still get Spectrum boot logo.
    I have even received a firmware update for September 1 since switching, but no change.
    09-30-2021 03:13 PM
    Old thread, but just happened to me. Switched from Spectrum Mobile to T-Mobile, but still get Spectrum boot logo.
    I have even received a firmware update for September 1 since switching, but no change.
    Unlocked firmware to no get any carrier boot logo
    09-30-2021 04:37 PM
    Searched , but couldn't find a link for unlocked firmware.

Unlocked firmware to no get any carrier boot logo
    09-30-2021 04:47 PM
    Update, new SIM card being shipped.
    Will go from there.
    09-30-2021 04:48 PM
    Searched , but couldn't find a link for unlocked firmware.
    Try Frija tool or SamMobile
    It wil be U1 at the end of the model number
    Update, new SIM card being shipped.
    Will go from there.
    Ok
    Update: New SIM not here yet, but see part of problem. Newest September update ends in UI7, T-Mobile should be:
    G996USQS4AUI1
    Downloaded with Frija, but haven't a clue as to how to install it.
    Even PC version of SmartSwitch sees UI7 as up to date.
    10-02-2021 01:57 PM
    Update: New SIM not here yet, but see part of problem. Newest September update ends in UI7, T-Mobile should be:
    G996USQS4AUI1
    Downloaded with Frija, but haven't a clue as to how to install it.
    Even PC version of SmartSwitch sees UI7 as up to date.
    You need odin not smart switch
    10-02-2021 02:08 PM
    Thanks, searching odin now.

You need odin not smart switch
    10-02-2021 02:09 PM
    Can't get past Safer Search
    10-02-2021 02:19 PM
    Finally got it, now to read instructions 10 times

10-02-2021 02:23 PM
    Everything good now?
    10-02-2021 02:48 PM
    Setup all files, confused what to do after hit Start,
    since it mentions turning phone off and booting into a diff mode.

10-02-2021 02:48 PM
128 123 ...