• Start date
A

Android Central Question

Im trying to add a signature to my out going text on my Lg Stylo 5

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You'll need a texting app that supports such a function. What app are you using? I also think that some that previously supported it don't support it anymore.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Texting" - SMS - has no provision for anything but text - alpha, numeric, punctuation, etc.

Messaging apps have provisions for things like signatures. (They add whatever you want as your signature to the end of the text but, unless it's an app that has to be the same on both ends, there's nothing like an email signature, it's just more text at the end of what you typed.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just curious, how important to you is a signature for a texting app? Signatures make sense on email since you're more likely to send a larger message in the form of an actual letter. Text messaging is supposed to be a back-and-forth chat, so having a signature at the end of every single response in the thread can get tiresome very fast (and it also takes up precious space on the screen, making it harder to get an overview of the conversation).