My Note 9 only charges with a Nintendo Switch charger

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I began using the switch charger to charge both my switch and my phone a few months back. Recently when I got a new radio for my car I noticed that I couldn't connect to android auto with the stock Samsung cable. I then noticed that it also couldn't charge my phone. Since then i've tried many other cables to no avail. I can still charge my phone with the switch charger at a reasonable speed but i would like to be able to charge with a standard cable as well as tether to devices such as my computer or car.

GooseJuice

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
Yes, this problem has persisted for a few months. I've messed with settings, cleared the cache partition, and cleaned the port with a spare toothbrush. I'd rather not factory reset my phone, but if that has a high chance of success I will bite the bullet.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
A couple of things. Forget the car from the phone and then the phone from the car. Clear the cache partition and reboot. Repair the phone with your new radio.
Next, try a wireless charger. In settings enable fast charging for corded and wireless fast charging.
If developer options are on, make sure USB is set for charging.
Clean your USB port with vacuum and then gentle alcohol dipped cotton swab.
Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon