Samsung Galaxy s4 sgh-i337 boot recovery loop

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have an S4 from ATT and after it ran out of battery last night it is now booting directly to recovery mode.

When I plug the charger it wont show the battery charging icon, it just makes a short vibration every like 10 seconds and the screen remains black.

I removed the battery and put it back again and tried to press volume down + power button to access the other mode but it wont allow me.

Since It just allows me to access the recovery mode, I performed a wipe data reset and it when through successfully but when phone restarted it took me back to the recovery screen again.

What can I do to fix this?

Xenos White

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
No, I did not try to root or custom recovery. My phone is from ATT so it has the bootloader locked. Can I still flash it with Odin? is so, is there any tutorial on how to do it? Thank you

Xenos White

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello again Mustang,
My issue now is that the phone does not want to go into download mode. I am trying the vol. down + Home + Pwr button combination and it's not working. Also just trying vol. down + Pwr button combination and nothing.
Is there anyway to do it without entering the download mode?
Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello again Mustang,
My issue now is that the phone does not want to go into download mode. I am trying the vol. down + Home + Pwr button combination and it's not working. Also just trying vol. down + Pwr button combination and nothing.
Is there anyway to do it without entering the download mode?
Thank you.
Hi, it needs download mode , it's the only way it can download the firmware . If you can't then try smart switch don't know if it will work for older Samsung device and choose software recovery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you also tried a different battery? I wonder if the battery has failed, and can only give enough juice to keep the Recovery Menu on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463