Hello,

I have an S4 from ATT and after it ran out of battery last night it is now booting directly to recovery mode.

When I plug the charger it wont show the battery charging icon, it just makes a short vibration every like 10 seconds and the screen remains black.

I removed the battery and put it back again and tried to press volume down + power button to access the other mode but it wont allow me.

Since It just allows me to access the recovery mode, I performed a wipe data reset and it when through successfully but when phone restarted it took me back to the recovery screen again.

What can I do to fix this?
    02-05-2020 06:37 PM
    Sounds like corrupt firmware , you'll need to flash through Odin. Did you try root or custom recovery on this ?

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-05-2020 08:29 PM
    No, I did not try to root or custom recovery. My phone is from ATT so it has the bootloader locked. Can I still flash it with Odin? is so, is there any tutorial on how to do it? Thank you
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-05-2020 08:41 PM
    Hi welcome!

This is the steps if any question dont hesitate to ask .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=499009
    02-05-2020 08:54 PM
    Hello again Mustang,
    My issue now is that the phone does not want to go into download mode. I am trying the vol. down + Home + Pwr button combination and it's not working. Also just trying vol. down + Pwr button combination and nothing.
    Is there anyway to do it without entering the download mode?
    Thank you.
    02-05-2020 10:28 PM
    Hello again Mustang,
    My issue now is that the phone does not want to go into download mode. I am trying the vol. down + Home + Pwr button combination and it's not working. Also just trying vol. down + Pwr button combination and nothing.
    Is there anyway to do it without entering the download mode?
    Thank you.
    Hi, it needs download mode , it's the only way it can download the firmware . If you can't then try smart switch don't know if it will work for older Samsung device and choose software recovery.
    02-05-2020 10:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you also tried a different battery? I wonder if the battery has failed, and can only give enough juice to keep the Recovery Menu on screen.
    02-06-2020 06:25 PM