Push button to Google Home

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello I have an electric lock connected to my door the mechanism is integrated with the door and it's behavior is very simple, when you push button the electricity flows while you are pressing the button (it sounds like a bee) and it releases the door lock.

I would like to buy some gadget to control it with google home, the problem i found is all gadget I found are switches, I would need something that when you say "Ok google open the door" opens the relay for 2 seconds and cut off the electric flow.

Anybody know if that kind of push button exist for Google Home?

Thanks

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like the mechanism depicted in TV shows for apartment buildings in NY. If you ever saw Friends, that rarely-used device next to the door that also had a speaker to talk to the person "buzzing" to get in the building.

Is this on your immediate door or is this on an entry door to the building where it's also used by others? If it's yours, what is actually actuating - is it a bolt or is it some kind of magnetic securement?

I wonder if you could use a smart light switch to actuate it, and have a routine that turns it on for a few seconds then back off? That depends on how it's wired though, it may not work if it's a low-voltage system.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance