Samsung A20e Galaxy Wont Open ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone ! so my brother's Samsung A2Oe was stolen 3 days ago and basically the guy who stole it brought it back (actually someone else stole it).Anyway; the guy did a factory reset but the new phones require an email and a password too so you can succesfully reset (so he can sell it or use the phone for himself) Well;i have the phone; i also have the email and the password but when i try to start the phone an error occurs. The phone asks for the google email and password. I type the correct email and password but it says that sync wasnt made.Can anyone give a solution or advise me or even send some link with any solution ? It would be much appreciated :). The phone is a 2019 model.It basically has to do something with sync (i think that atleast).

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This may be an issue but it may not... Way back, I did say way right? Way back when users would get locked out of their devices after so many attempts you would get prompted to enter your email and password to get back in, ahh the simple days. Anyway, when this would happen you would have to have an internet connection for this to work. The email had to be the one that registered the phone but it couldn't verify the password that was stored in the device, this I never understood, it had to verify the account and password online. I think the message when it couldn't connect online was similar to this...

Try to connect the device to the internet. The saved WiFi connections are probably lost. Which means that if the SIM in this device has been deactivated, disabled or removed the carrier won't recognize the device and may prevent you from accessing the internet. You might be able to put an active SIM from the same carrier, possibly one from a different carrier since most devices are unlocked anyway, all you need is internet access for verification, and see if that gets you online. Otherwise you may have to take it into a carrier store and see if they can help you, if that's possible.

It would be kind of funny, but not really, if they had stolen so many devices that this wasn't even the same one. Hahaha, just something that occurred to me.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It has to be the Google login and password that was on the phone at the time he got it back. If the thief changed it, there's nothing he can do but bring it to the carrier (to a company store that does repairs) and ask them for help. (He'll have to be able to prove that he's the registered owner of the phone - driver's license or something similar. The carrier will have the information for the account [his identification, the phone's identification] in their computer and they have to match - the phone has to be the one on the account, and he has to be the person whose account it is. [If he's not, have the person whose account it is go with him.])

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463