I just read an article on switching windows to Chromebook. I recently was on my friend's laptop, and she has a Chromebook. It looked so clean and neat I thought. Hey! I want that, But when I started reading the article I had my doubts. Like Google Play Store. Will I have to download apps from the net instead? What are the downsides of switching my windows laptop over to chromium. Will I have to reset my laptop. Some help on this would be greatly appreciated
    02-07-2020 02:57 PM
    you can run chromium from a disk or usb drive. It will not mess with the current windows install. that would be the best way to find out if it works for you. IMO, it would be better to just get a chromebook. for the android apps to work, you will have to go to third party sites to download them. that will be a security risk. besides not all apps will work on chromium. another is chromium is lightweight, you may not get full features from your sound or videos. not sure what you mean by reset your laptop but you can dualboot, have both os installed on the same laptop. it can sometimes be tricky, win10 does not always play nice. you can also install it in vm within win10. whatever you do,make sure you have backups of any files you do not want to lose. accidents happen
    02-07-2020 03:55 PM
    'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-07-2020 03:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Neverware's CloudReady is one of the more popular solutions: https://www.neverware.com/freedownload. It gets updated fairly frequently, so it's similar to having an actual Chromebook with its automatic updates. However, CloudReady doesn't support the Play Store.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-08-2020 01:23 AM