Hello! It's been a few months since I last backed up my photos on my PC...risky, I know.

Anyway, when I plug my device to my Windows 10 PC, it asks me what I want to do with it, so I select 'Import photos and videos' and I let it run it's course when it 'searches for new photos/videos to import'.

After a couple of minutes, it gets 'stuck' at 'Found 10,570 new Photos/Videos'. The window stays there and the entire thing just disappears, so nothing really gets imported. The only button that's in there during this process is the 'cancel' button and there wasn't any 'Import these photos/videos' button so it never got to finish it's search process.

Any ideas how to finish the import and actually back my photos up?

Thanks
    02-09-2020 01:53 PM
    I usually recommend against that feature of Windows Explorer, because it indiscriminately imports every single image and video on the phone, including thumbnails and cached images/videos used by apps and ad networks. It's a better idea to manually select the files you want to back up and drag/drop them to the hard drive.
    02-09-2020 01:55 PM
    You dont use Samsung smart switch application on the computer?
    Hello! It's been a few months since I last backed up my photos on my PC...risky, I know.

Anyway, when I plug my device to my Windows 10 PC, it asks me what I want to do with it, so I select 'Import photos and videos' and I let it run it's course when it 'searches for new photos/videos to import'.

After a couple of minutes, it gets 'stuck' at 'Found 10,570 new Photos/Videos'. The window stays there and the entire thing just disappears, so nothing really gets imported. The only button that's in there during this process is the 'cancel' button and there wasn't any 'Import these photos/videos' button so it never got to finish it's search process.

Any ideas how to finish the import and actually back my photos up?

Thanks
    02-09-2020 02:02 PM
    No I don't haha. I should probably use it. Does it have a feature to just backup the photos? Or will it backup the whole phone?
    02-09-2020 02:34 PM
    Right. So basically, just copy the entire DCIM folder? And Windows will just skip the duplicates when prompted?
    02-09-2020 02:34 PM
    No I don't haha. I should probably use it. Does it have a feature to just backup the photos? Or will it backup the whole phone?
    Yes you can choose what you want backup, its called smart switch and can be downloaded to the computer .
    02-09-2020 02:35 PM
    Right. So basically, just copy the entire DCIM folder? And Windows will just skip the duplicates when prompted?
    You could do that, or just copy the /DCIM/Camera directory (unless there are other subdirectories of DCIM that are important to you). But definitely use the Copy command, and not Move, in case of any problems with the file transfer. I think Windows should alert you to dupes, and I think there's a way to ignore all dupes, but I haven't tried this recently.
    02-09-2020 02:36 PM
    When it hits the first duplicate, check the box to do this for all occurrences, then skip, and it will skip all duplicates.
    02-09-2020 04:51 PM