Best Answer

Feb 10 2020 | 7:33 am EST belodion

I had no idea what 'GUDP' means so was unable to attempt an answer. I'm sure that many other members would not know, given that our membership is international.

More Answers

Feb 09 2020 | 9:24 pm EST B. Diddy

Welcome to Android Central! By "GUDP," do you mean grandfathered unlimited data plan? I assume you mean that you have Verizon as well, correct? Your ability to use your phone as a hotspot depends on your carrier. It doesn't matter what any other devices are using -- any device with a wi-fi radio can connect to your phone's hotspot when it's on.

Feb 09 2020 | 11:18 pm EST mustang7757

What's up?
You can help here since your on Verizon

Feb 09 2020 | 11:33 pm EST Mike Dee

You can help here since your on Verizon
Im not clear on the question being asked, but I no longer have the Grandfathered Plan. I believe the hotspot was extra at the time I had it. The current unlimited plan I have includes hotspot but its not unlimited hotspot.

Feb 09 2020 | 11:46 pm EST mustang7757

Im not cleat on the question being asked, but I no longer have the Grandfathered Plan. I believe the hotspot was extra at the time I had it. The current unlimited plan I have includes hotspot but its not unlimited hotspot.
Thanks , I've never had to use hotspot , my phones are unlimited plan so really was no need for me .

Feb 10 2020 | 11:28 am EST B. Diddy

I had no idea what 'GUDP' means
Or maybe it means Gross Universal Domestic Product, which Zaphod Beeblebrox would've had to worry about as President of the Universe. Well, actually he didn't worry about any of that -- he just concentrated on being amazingly amazing.

Feb 10 2020 | 5:11 pm EST Rukbat

If you abuse the unlimited data plan, they'll change your plan. It's meant for you to use on your devices, not to supply the neighborhood with an internet connection. (Put 5 or 6 heavy users on your hotspot and you'll quickly exceed 1TB of usage - and if you're lucky, you'll have a 50GB plan after that. [If you're not, you'll have no account on Verizon, so your phone won't connect to the network.])

Feb 10 2020 | 6:59 pm EST Ry

I had no idea what 'GUDP' means so was unable to attempt an answer. I'm sure that many other members would not know, given that our membership is international.
The Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan - where data was a line add on.

Feb 10 2020 | 7:21 pm EST dpham00

Im not cleat on the question being asked, but I no longer have the Grandfathered Plan. I believe the hotspot was extra at the time I had it. The current unlimited plan I have includes hotspot but its not unlimited hotspot.

That's correct. If you have gudp then you need to pay for the hotspot add-on, in which case, yes hotspot should work.

Feb 10 2020 | 10:33 pm EST Mike Dee

Thanks , I've never had to use hotspot , my phones are unlimited plan so really was no need for me .
Well if you want to connect other devices to your hotspot it's great. My work phone has it too in case I have to take my laptop out into the field with no wifi access.

Feb 10 2020 | 10:35 pm EST mustang7757

Well if you want to connect other devices to your hotspot it's great. My work phone has it too in case I have to take my laptop out into the field with no wifi access.
Yeah definitely understand that , but me I had no use for it .