So... The phone was perfectly fine until I decided to install the update sent by my phone carrier T-Mobile. With 35 percent battery and plugged in I started the update and minutes later the phone completely dies. I have tried plugging phone for 1 hour and pressing power and down volume button and nothing happens. I have also tried pressing up Vale bixby button and power button and nothing happens. I have also removed the SD card the sim card the device. Any thoughts on what might be wrong with it?
    02-12-2020 10:33 PM
    Sounds like your battery went

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-12-2020 10:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Had you been noticing poorer battery life recently in the first place? If so, it's possible that even with the phone plugged in, the power required for the update caused relatively more drain, and if a failing battery can cause the phone to shut off well before it reaches 0%. Unfortunately, since this happened in the middle of an update, it may very well have bricked the phone. Some phones require the battery to be at least 50% before it lets the system update, for this very reason.
    02-12-2020 10:47 PM
    After charging the phone for 4 hours, try the following:

1. Press and hold together Volume Down + Bixby + Power button for a while.
    2. After that, you should see menu with two options.
    3. Finally, enter Download Mode by pressing Volume Up.

If you can get into download mode, you can reflash the firmware. If you can't, either the battery is totally dead or the phone is hard-bricked. If it's hard-bricked, look for a repair shop that can JTAG it, or look on eBay for a JTAG service that can handle a Note 8. (Be prepared for a price shock - JTAGing isn't cheap.)
    02-13-2020 03:00 PM