Hello.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a Xiaomi Redmi Pro, bought in 2016. Yes you read that right, nearly 4 years ago. It's been a great little phone for a really good price.

Now, after so many years, the LED notification light suddenly stopped working, but for some reason only when the phone is on silent (which is most of the time in my case). It can't be a hardware problem because it does work when the phone isn't silent which is really strange I think.

I should probably also mention the one major downfall to this phone; the fact that I was unable to ever upgrade the Android version on it (guess you get what you pay for) so it still runs on Android 4.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to replace the phone as yet as otherwise it still works really well. Plus, all new phones are huge (why is that?!)!

Thanks everyone!!
    02-15-2020 04:01 AM
    You can see in safe mode if it works without silent.

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-15-2020 10:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd strongly recommend upgrading your phone to something more current. Phones running Ice Cream Sandwich through KitKat will have a number of unpatched security flaws, and you'll also find more and more app incompatibilities in the Play Store as the old APIs become deprecated.
    02-15-2020 02:22 PM