I am trying to set my camera up as a temporary streaming option by mirroring my phone screen on my PC with the camera app. The obvious issue being all of the UI on the camera preview screen. I have tried some of the streaming apps, but they don't have all of the features of the stock camera app (like utilizing the wide-angle lens). Does anyone know if I am missing anything? Or is it just impossible? Or is there another app I could use?
    02-16-2020 11:33 AM
    We can't help you if you don't tell us what phone you have. Every phone manufacturer uses a different stock camera app and they tend to make changes to the app with new phone releases. Personally I don't know of one that can hide the UI but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.
    02-16-2020 12:47 PM
    Personally I don't know of one that can hide the UI but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.
    Agreed. This would be an uncommon feature at best.
    02-16-2020 12:56 PM
    I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here , as a guest account you can't.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    02-16-2020 01:01 PM
    02-16-2020 01:08 PM
    In normal usage, if you hide the UI, you can't use the app - any app, not just the camera app. So no one would write anything like that. (Except someone writing a virus or Trojan.)
    02-16-2020 05:51 PM
    Yes its possible if you wish to stream using PC, just use DroidCam for OBS. Let's you use your high resolution phone camera back/front camera feed without any UI just the feed which you can then use it in your streams.
    04-14-2021 12:35 AM
    In normal usage, if you hide the UI, you can't use the app - any app, not just the camera app. So no one would write anything like that. (Except someone writing a virus or Trojan.)
    You can start using the camera and then not need to use any button for a long time. Afterwards you can press on your touchscreen and show the controls. Or you may also prefer to use the lateral buttons.
    And you can use your camera from the computer.
    A common situation when you want to hide controls is when taking a picture of night skies.

Agreed. This would be an uncommon feature at best.
    On the contrary, it's very common to use the camera of your phone as a webcam from your computer because it has a much better camera than most webcams under $200.

Yes its possible if you wish to stream using PC, just use DroidCam for OBS. Let's you use your high resolution phone camera back/front camera feed without any UI just the feed which you can then use it in your streams.
    Droidcam for OBS is one of those programs, but the free version offer very bad quality. The full version is quite expensive for what it offers.

There are free alternatives such as Scrpy (shows the whole screen) and V4L2 (this one only for Linux).

And there are many camera apps that allow to hide the controls, for example opencamera.
    11-28-2022 01:45 PM