I cant factory reset my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a huawei p30 lite. When im on the factory reset the volume up and volume down button doesnt work for me to click on factory reset and when i use my finger to select it that doesnt work neither

KJ1234

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
I think my screen protector is the issue with my phone. I want to take it off but im not sure if taking it off will damage the screen, because it is stuck on to the screen. Is it safe to replace?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think my screen protector is the issue with my phone. I want to take it off but im not sure if taking it off will damage the screen, because it is stuck on to the screen. Is it safe to replace?

What kind of screen protector are you using? Which brand? If it is tempered glass, it's a matter of peeling up the protector from one of the corners of your phone. It shouldn't damage the screen, but it would be useful for us to know which brand you are using just to be on the safe side.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site

How does that relate to the volume buttons not working or is it that a possible problem with the screen protector is causing issues hence you want to reset the device? If that is the case, what problems were you having?

KJ1234

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
My phone is acting up hence the volume buttons. I tried going into recovery mode to factory reset to sort the problems but i cant use the volume buttons to go up or down and i cant use my hands. My phone keeps pressing the wrong keys for my password so i cant go on settings and factory reset there. So im thinking the screen protector is why random keys are being pressed. If it is i could factory reset on my settings, fixing my volume buttons and my phone altogether.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Im also not sure what screen protector it is as it came with the phone so im not sure if taking it off will damage the phone

If it came with the phone it is most likely a plastic film that will not damage the screen upon removal. However, I'd have another screen protector ready to go to install once you have everything sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton