Problem after reset of my LG G5

ballyb

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
I reset my LG G5, reason not important. That's the start. My real problem is I can't "reinitialize" the phone.

After a reset, there are a few steps to get the phone operational again. These are the steps.

1. "Welcome" screen -- Language / accessibility -- no problem.
2. Set interconnection -- no problem
3. Setup up your LG - H830 -- Keep data and apps or Setup as new -- no problem.

Getting to the next step I see " checking network" then " checking info", then

4. Verify your account

Herein lies the problem. My Google account is tied to a Yahoo email, not Gmail. It's a legit account, you don't need a gmail account. I enter the correct email / correct password and it comes back to the same screen, "Verify your account" (if I enter the incorrect email or password, I get an error message).

So I'm in a loop,..... Verify your account (I do) ---> Verify your account (I do) ---> Verify your account (I do) ...................................

I can't proceed.

Help???????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- you're able to log into this Google account on a computer browser without problem?

Do you have 2-factor authentication turned on?

ballyb

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for responding.

1, Yes, I can log into this Google account.

2. How do I turn on 2-factor authentication when I can't get into "Settings"? I'm stuck in "Verify your account (I do) ---> Verify your account (I do) ---> Verify your account (I do) ..................................."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Has this always been your phone? Did you do the factory reset from the main system settings or from the Recovery Menu? Although this isn't behaving like the usual Factory Reset Protection, I'm wondering if that's what has triggered the problem.

ballyb

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
Ya know, about 15 minutes ago (I'm serious), it popped into my head that I bought this phone from a friend who used it for 2 weeks and didn't like it. I just emailed him for his Google account info.

Hope that's it.

I'll keep you UTD.

Thanks for your time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so if that works and it lets you proceed, it will probably still have his Google account associated with the phone. In that situation, I would recommend going to Settings>Accounts, selecting his Google account, then removing it, and then doing another factory reset. This will be considered an authorized factory reset, so it shouldn't cause the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol